A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Please Critique, thank you.

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Please Critique, thank you.

Postby XELain » Tue May 20, 2008 5:50 am

8) I want to get better at using a mouse, and need some input as to either I am on the right track, where I need improvement, etc. Drawing with a mouse is hard to control, however, I would like to work on it making it more precise in whichever subject I tackle. :)
Attachments
arising_beach_med.jpg
arising_beach_med.jpg (96.16 KiB)
subtle_beauty__med.jpg
subtle_beauty__med.jpg (135.52 KiB)
Classic fibers,
ing its slate
Thirst my journey's roam. . .

Darkened light, a candle's plate
Creative image is sewn
4-11-08
XELain
XELain

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Tue May 20, 2008 12:12 pm

You are getting very good at this. I have seen a dramatic improvement since you first began here. I can tell you are getting the hang of it.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue May 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Your rendering is pretty good. They're nice. I think you could experiment with your colour choices. I'd say that's an area you could improve. Some shading would be nice also if it can be done with the mouse. Good job overall. I know it's very hard to draw with the mouse. I did try it once or twice and given it up soon after.
Erika Takacs

Postby nonarom » Wed May 21, 2008 11:29 am

Your drawings are very nice and peaceful - look like Japanese stamps. I've opened your gallery - my favorite is "Setting nicely"; few colors, but still so spectacular and elegant...I agree with Erika about choosing the colors and, relating to shadows, I think you put too much effort in drawing itself, using the mouse like a pencil; I mean the software offers you a lot of instruments which could make your work easier and more interesting - different
ushes, filters, gradients, etc. If you would use some layers and embos for shadows, you would obtain more depth for the images - I'm sure you will realize soon amazing things, because your imagination is plenty of good and positive thoughts.
All the best,
NONA
nonarom

Postby XELain » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:10 pm

8) Thank you for all the critiquing and will do so when I can. Have plenty on my plate in my life now and looking for the solutions to resolve my situation. Once we (my daughter and I) can get our situation under some control, clean most of our plate [so to speak], and I get "MY OWN" computer, I will be able to try out many of your suggestions. Thanks again! :)
Classic fibers,
ing its slate
Thirst my journey's roam. . .

Darkened light, a candle's plate
Creative image is sewn
4-11-08
XELain
XELain

Postby krysta11 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:33 pm

We all have ups and downs in our life XELain. I am sure you and your daughter will be OK. I am wishing you you all the best.
krysta
Art must be an ORDER from Heaven
krysta11