A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Brisk blue morning

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Brisk blue morning

Postby crosseyedcricket » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:49 am

This is my first landscape...i woke up at three a.m. and got out of bed and painted it. What do ya think? Should I have stayed in bed? Thanks for an honest opinion.
Attachments
pr brisk blue morning.jpg
pr brisk blue morning.jpg (72.62 KiB)
crosseyedcricket

Postby Singular » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:52 am

I am very impressed. This is amazing for your first landscape. I think it is beautiful. The colors are unreal. As you do other landscapes, you will only get better.

I think you did a great job with the layout and colors. The reflections are also very nice. One thing, if I can find anything about this painting that could be worked on, is probably the clouds. They are good. But as you start to do more of these types of paintings, you will really start to notice the different things that can be done with clouds and sky.

Also, I see that you are using the good old Bob Ross technique on the trees. You did a very good job on them (they can be tough). I would, however, try to add a bit more detail to the large trees in the foreground. The bushes are beautiful.

Very nice job. I can't wait to see you do more landscapes.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby crosseyedcricket » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:05 pm

Thanks for such comments. I have since done many many landscapes and yes, they have improved. I'm sorry to say that my trees are still pretty much the Bob Ross technique but that is only because I dont know any other way to paint them. I actually didnt really learn the technique from him, I sorta come up with it on my own, but it was a simple way to paint a tree then I found out that he painted them like that too. I used his style to enhance the trees I was painting. It seems that I am going in the right direction then according to your critique. I love this site. Thanks again. Lori
crosseyedcricket

Postby Singular » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:20 pm

You are welcome Lori. I am very glad that you like the site. I would love to see more of your recent work. If you would like to try the user gallery that is a part of these forums, here is the link. You can create and manage your albums like it was your own web site.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby starvingartist » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:02 pm

Great landscape. im actually in the middle of painting the top of a stool with a ladscape i found in a book. its a school assignment i shall let you know how my landscape turns out later. but your ladscape is really great. i love snow. being from florida snow is like a dream weather condition. I like your trees. :)
Talk medical shows on my messageboard.

http://medicalshows.myfastforum.org/index.php
starvingartist

Postby crosseyedcricket » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:46 pm

Joe, thanks for the link. I have posted addtional pieces, however, most of the images I have are too big and I do not know how to zip the file or make it smaller. I have some wonderful artwork that I would love to display. I am also a muralist and have recently finished two churches and several homes. I'll post those pictures as well if I can find a category that they would fit into, any suggestions? This site is fantastic!! Thank you so much for opening it. Lori
crosseyedcricket

Postby crosseyedcricket » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:51 pm

Hey Starving...thanks for your comments, that is very kind of you. I have looked at several of your pieces and find them to be very interesting. I utilize books mainly for technique. I am more or less "afraid" to take art classes because after speaking to a couple professors here in the Peoria area and talking to a few college level art teachers, I am afraid that I will lose my own style -so to speak- and Ive drawn or painted nearly all my life. I may as well just lay down and die if someone told me I could never paint or express myself artistically anymore.
crosseyedcricket