A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New to Forum

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

New to Forum

Postby karieokie » Thu May 15, 2008 9:11 am

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found a group that speaks the truth. I would like to know your opinion of my work.
http://www.thedb.com/karie
Attachments
The Blues.jpg
The Blues, my latest work.
The Blues.jpg (105.26 KiB)
karieokie

Postby Erika Takacs » Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am

Karieokie, welcome to our site! I like this painting very much. Very interesting style and pleasant to look at. I like those hanging vines from the tree. I'm not sure what the tail-looking hanging thing is, seems to be out of place. Overall very good work.
Ah, I think is foliage and on a second look, you would have too much empty space without it.
Erika Takacs

Postby XELain » Wed May 21, 2008 2:17 am

8) I say welcome too, and I like how your leaves hang down, great color! The animal looks as if all is encroaching on his/her territory and everybody needs to stop . I like this painting a lot. :)
Classic fibers,
ing its slate
Thirst my journey's roam. . .

Darkened light, a candle's plate
Creative image is sewn
4-11-08
XELain
XELain

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby BAReam » Wed May 21, 2008 9:31 am

Welcome... I see a pointalist/impressionist (tree leaves- small dots of color) and the expressionists (orange) influences. Would like to see some P/I painting style distributed more evenly through the work. Also believe extending the foreground just a but, giving somewhat more depth would be an improvement. Overall, I would say this is a very nice begining. Let's see more!

all the best... BAReam
BAReam