A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

the best size

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

the best size

Postby nonarom » Tue May 06, 2008 8:00 am

As a newcomer, I was eager to upload rapidly some of my digital artworks, but now, looking back at them, I am not very pleased of how they're looking. On my computer - at full screen size - I can see more details. So, could you give me an advice rlating to the size? For example, if I have an image like:
30x20 cm, 300 dpi, 24MB, jpeg in Photoshop CS,
how can I resize to be good for uploading?
Thank you.
nonarom

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Tue May 06, 2008 8:17 am

Great question and one that is asked very often. It is very important that you use a graphic software of image editor to resize your image by compressing it and not compromise the quality of the image. Go to this link: http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000- ... d=10755180 and download the free software called irfanview. Once you install it, open your image using it. Then select Image - Resize/Resample (shown in image below). Choose an appropriate size, such as 600 pixels inm your largest dimension. Then save your image as a new name, not to override your original one. It will give you an option for compression. Choose 80%. Your file size will be dramatically smaller, but the quality will still be good.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

all the best,
Joe
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (43.05 KiB)
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby nonarom » Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Thank you very much Joe for the advice and for the software; I've downloaded it and I started to learn how to use it - I transformed one of my images and it looks better. Thank you again.
Nona
nonarom