A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Question on fair fee for commercial license

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Question on fair fee for commercial license

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:33 am

I have been contacted by a non-profit org in DC wanting to license 5 of my artworks as the background image for advertisement posters (24x32 inches), with their products over top. I have only been able to find photographers listing actual fee rates but it seems the average for this type commercial use is $150.00 per image. Is this a fair fee for art as well?
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Hi Randall,
Congrats buddy. So they only want to purchase the license, not the rights to the image, correct? $150 is very good price, taken the originality and rarity of the image. It's not like they want an image of a flower.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 pm

Thanks Joe!

I sent them the quote a little while ago so it'll be a little while before I hear back. I went ahead and figured in a discount for their non-profit status as well so I am hoping they will accept it. I will let you know the outcome.
Teknowizard

Postby saphyre » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:05 pm

I was just looking at your gallery, and I have to say I love the saphire phoniex, and the one with jupiter. the one of jupiter has really inspired me to do the huge piece that I dream about. I think I am going to try to make the space when I'm vacation and start this spring. I hope everything goes well for you and the fair and thanks for posting sometimes I need a good kick even from those who don't know they are doing it. ^.^

Oh and do some more space, I too am a HUGE astronomy fan and love the work your doing. :D
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:12 pm

You're welcome Saphyre. I will post my newest ones later or in the morning in the just showing when I get a chance. Finishing my homework now on how to right the license up, so I'll be ready if the offer is acceptable to them.
Teknowizard