A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

"Tuscany"

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

"Tuscany"

Postby xxbreezy » Thu May 15, 2008 11:50 am

This is just a little sketch that I have been wanting to do since I saw the movie..."Under the Tuscan Sun"...based in Italy. Although it doesn't project the actual villa in the movie ...I feel I have captured the "mood" anyway. Thanks for comments and viewing!! This sketch is for sale at US $50.00
Attachments
Copy of HPIM2693.jpg
Tuscany
Copy of HPIM2693.jpg (66.06 KiB)
xxbreezy

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Mon May 19, 2008 5:45 pm

That is a nice little sketch. But if you don't mind me saying, I think you can add some more depth to the ground in the front. It appears a bit flat. Adding some variance may
ing it to life even more.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby XELain » Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 am

8) Hey I saw that movie too, and this is a nice depiction of Diana Lane's character's home. Could use some sky in the background, to show off the home more. :)
Classic fibers,
ing its slate
Thirst my journey's roam. . .

Darkened light, a candle's plate
Creative image is sewn
4-11-08
XELain
XELain

Postby xxbreezy » Tue May 27, 2008 7:28 am

Thanks alot guys!! That was a great movie and this was just my "rendition" of the house...lol. I had thought about adding some mountains to the skyline but in reference to the trees on the right...may have thrown it off some...not sure??? Anyway I wanted to keep it simple appearing to be unoccupied maybe....I felt adding things around the house may have led you to believe otherwise. I had thought about adding more growth maybe extending to the rock wall on the right and maybe more on the very front of the house...still may do that not sure. Thanks again for input!!!!! I really appreciate feedback from this group.
xxbreezy

Postby BAReam » Tue May 27, 2008 8:43 am

Breezy

I think I would have to agree with Joe... adding some contrast and detail in the foreground would help considerably, especially in the vines and doorway. Invite the viewer in.

all the best... Bruce
BAReam

Postby xxbreezy » Tue May 27, 2008 9:15 am

Ok...thanks Bar and Joe...will give this a second look and see what I can do. Never hurts to have another set of eyes looking!! Really appreciate your time...thanks!!
xxbreezy

Return to Be Gentle