A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Nature Contest

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

Nature Contest

Postby Phylis » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:52 pm

I have a better digital photo of my picture that I have already entered (the Owl). Is there any way I can replace it with the better copy? What can I do if the file size is to large.:)
Phylis

Postby Singular » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:14 pm

Hello Phylis,
If you want to enter a new image to replace the old image, find the old image in the contest gallery and click it. Underneath the image, you will see a link that says "delete this file". Click that and then upload a new one. If your image is too large, you will have to use an image editor to resize it to a smaller file. There is an image editor I use for everything. You can download it from Cnet for free here: http://www.download.com/3000-2192_4-10667331.html. Once you download it, open the image with this editor, click the option on top that says "Image", select "resize/resample" and then resize. Save it as a jpeg at 80% compression.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Phylis » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks Joe I did what you said and then I realized that I lost my votes. I had eight of them is there anything I can do to get them back?
Phylis

Return to Gallery Support