A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Frank Frazetta tribute

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Frank Frazetta tribute

Postby Tyneboy » Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

On the anniversary of his death I would like to say how much I admired and was influenced by his work. I first saw his work in a magazine in the early seventies and fell in love with it immediately. Its strange to think that, unlike today, there was hardly any fantasy artwork around. I was mainly doing calligraphy at the time and did not have the confidence to try any painting. As most of his work was dark and earthy I copied my favourite paintings using sepia ink. It was the success of these attempts that led me onto more adventurous painting and I have never looked back. Although there are some great fantasy artists out there I think that the thing I admired the most of Frazetta's work was the way he captured movement and drama. He for me was the ultimate fantasy artists and I will always be a fan. I have posted a couple of my early copies I wondered if they were the same ones admired by others
Tyneboy

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Frank Frazetta tribute

Postby jannatul18 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:00 am

I have seen some of his works, he is totally brilliant artist. Thank you for letting us know more about Frank Frazetta here. Its really amazing to see one artist is praising the work of others.
jannatul18

Re: Frank Frazetta tribute

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:03 am

Yes. From the minute I discovered Frank Frazetta he was an artistic hero to me.
CarlOwen

Return to Shoot The Breeze