A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

What to charge for a sketch

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

What to charge for a sketch

Postby artfont » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 pm

I have had a client ask me to do a sketch of her store, to then have printed on mugs and t-shirts for advertising. I do not have a clue as to what to charge for something like this, it took me a couple of hours to do the sketch , any opinions on this would be really helpful. My artwork, paintings and hand painted glassware will be for sale at her store as well so I want to be fair and reasonable. Thanks all!
artfont

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: What to charge for a sketch

Postby artfont » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:04 pm

Hello Carl , thanks for responding. This is a new opportunity for me. I am not sure about what commission she will charge, we are still discussing that aspect but she loves my art and was going to just put a copy from a photo of her store on her own mugs to advertise her store and tshirts for her employees to wear, then thought a sketch by me would be better than a photograph. I don't know how it works to sell a sketch to a business for them to use to promote their store and use it as advertising. I just want to help her out, as she is wanting my other products, such as hand painted mugs, with animals and cottage scenes on them as well as my acrylic paintings to sell in her store. So should I just charge for my time taken for the sketch or more since she will use my design in her advertising. Thanks
artfont

Gallery: View Gallery