A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New paintings

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

New paintings

Postby artfont » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Wow, it has been a long time since I have been here on this site. It has been such a busy year, fiance and I sold two homes, bought a new one together, got married. I have been working on my own business and have an opportunity to sell my work in a store up north here are a few that will be for sale there this spring, as well as some of hand painted mugs and I also have some for sale at a gallery in Barrie, Ontario. So hard work and being persistent is paying off finally. Wish me luck, and I hope you like them!
Attachments
unnamed (23).jpg
unnamed (23).jpg (58.75 KiB)
unnamed (19).jpg
unnamed (19).jpg (44.23 KiB)
unnamed (24).jpg
unnamed (24).jpg (48.57 KiB)
artfont

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: New paintings

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Oh, Yeah. The first 2 knock me out with those sunlit docks and chairs. Water in the 1st
catches reflection in a beautiful way! I might have to view the birch in another light, perhaps -
I'm not sure why but the light birch against the the yellow leaves are not working
that much for me. Color-wise, I think the leaves overwhelm the birch. E
ehoeveler

Postby artfont » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks E, the birch one is better in person, I had a photograph and painted the exact same colours from that. It looks 3 D in person as I am experimenting with texture mediums for the bark, I added sand to the paint and it looks so...cool!
artfont

Postby St.Luke » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello artfont.

The water scenes are very wet and colorful, and the chairs are the opposite - a good contrast.
Though I like the idea of the chairs representing people or a couple, these chairs indicate, to me, an emptiness and silence.
I find these two paintings quite artistic, for they evoke a touch of sadness in me.

As for the birch trees, I find them quite sunny and lively. I believe it would look great as a life-size painting.
St.Luke

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby artfont » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Thanks St. Luke, isn't it funny how each person feels something different when they look at art. When I look at them I feel peace and tranquility no sadness at all. I had quite a sadness a couple years earlier when I was going through a divorce and probably would have done one single chair as that is how I felt then. But now I have a real partner in life getting married this year and I see us sitting together here and I feel at peace. Thanks so much for your comments! The birch is a large painting and with the texture it looks like the bark is actually peeling up off the tree and they just stand out in person!
artfont

Postby jannatul18 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:34 am

Congratulation for your new life and the paintings are really good :)
jannatul18

Postby artfont » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:15 am

Thank-you for your kind words, I am happy you liked them!
artfont