A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Please Give me feedback!

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

Please Give me feedback!

Postby smneal » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 am

Hello! I am brand new to this community! It would mean a lot to get some feedback from fellow artists in regards to my work. I've recently started the process of pursuing my art as a career, now that my children are all in school. I feel like constructive criticism will make me the best I can be...so, please help me grow!
Thanks!
Attachments
"Joyful Radiance"
"Dew Kissed"
"Shelling"
"Tranquility"
smneal

Re: Please Give me feedback!

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:21 pm

The 3rd is my favorite - your attention to detail is good. Colors are nice and it has a lively randomness that only Nature can supply. I like the loose feel of #4 but upon closer inspection I see areas of exposed canvas and the water, while
energetic, looks stiff in some areas, I think. The rocks are very nice. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby smneal » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 am

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback! It is greatly appreciated.
smneal

Postby MamziJA » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:46 pm

My favorite one is the Shelling one because of the high amount of detail put into it. The first one I believe looks a bit too "typical" of a ocean painting. It is a beautiful piece but what it lacks is a bit more personality. Now, I do not know if they were done by observation or imagination but if you were to do another ocean piece, my suggestion would be to add a bit more things like birds, sad, or plants depending on where exactly you are envisioning this is because not every beach is the same. Try to like illustrate a story if you will within the piece. For example, you could have maybe a vision of what the beach looks like during a storm or a lonely, abused beach. It all depends on your preference but having a narrative (even if it does not include people) in a piece will make it stand out more. From your careful attention with details, you should be able to surpass all your expectations. good luck!
MamziJA

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby smneal » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you! That is some great insight and advice. :-)
smneal