A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

tea time

This is a forum where you can post your art work and ask what the world thinks. I am looking for general feedback, nothing too technical. A push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moderators

tea time

Postby chris22 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:49 am

Working with charcoal, pretty new and inexperienced with it but really admire the dark gritty look it gives, I had some trouble with the mug, just could not seem to get it right. any feedback or criticism welcomed and wanted.

thanks
Attachments
chris22

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: tea time

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:56 am

Hi, Chris - your teapot looks good and the mug, too, as far as shading goes. The mug's top is misshapen, not a perfect round and the spout of your teapot is in direct competition with the rim of your mug. To me, the easiest thing would be to bring up the rim of your mug and adjust that circle. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Re: tea time

Postby Jenny Geldart » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:26 am

Is this drawn from life? Sometimes it really helps to close one eye to help get proportions correct, next time you have a still life set up try looking with one eye closed and then swap closed eyes - notice the difference - when we look with both eyes it can get very confusing to represent your still life with correct proportions, and you always have artistic licence to adjust your composition to make a better drawing/painting. Otherwise you have some nice tonal work going on here as ehoeveler has said above.
Jenny Geldart