A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

KRUSH | LAndmarked

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

KRUSH | LAndmarked

Postby knowng » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:04 am

LAndmarked is a visionary look into Classic Sub-Cultural locations in the Los Angeles area. These LAndmarks have been a backdrop to millions of people and generations, and have played a role in Krush’s life, at some point or the other. “Driving around the city, I started noticing the changing commercial signage landscape, that is slowly starting to abandon the 20th Century for the 21st. Focusing on classic spots from a fading Century of Signage, Design and Typography, I decided to document these locations that have memories in my mind from the past 30 years and reflect that Nostalgic Los Angeles vibe.” This show covers a small slice of the many locations to document and opens the door for many other paintings to follow.

Paul Meraz aka Krush was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. An early participant of the graffiti art movement in the city and a pioneer of what has become the defining style of one of Los Angeles’ highly respected art cultures. Paul has been a part of the art and graffiti collective Angels Will Rise / The Seventh Letter since it’s inception and his career has taken him through over 3 decades of Art, Design and Art Direction.

KRUSH | LAndmarked

Opening reception: Saturday, April 26, 2014 | 8-11p
On view: April 26 – May 10, 2014

The Seventh Letter
Flagship Store and Gallery
346 North Fairfax Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323 549 0007
knowng

Re: KRUSH | LAndmarked

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 am

Thank You, John! E