A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Fantastic news

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Fantastic news

Postby T.Richmond » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Hello ASC

It has been quite a while since I have posted on the forums. I have been quite busy lately with my days lately.

Anyway, I have great news I would like to share in regards to my paintings. For the past few months I have been displaying my work in shows and in local cafes ( which I never expected to do ) and to my surprise, people seem to love my art.
I even entered in Gamblin's 2013 Torrit Grey Painting Competition, thanks to my supplier. Gamblin has done a great thing by this competition, you will see what I mean when you read about how they go about it. http://www.gamblincolors.com/torrit.grey/

I will give you a brief description about it.

1. In the paint manufacturing factory, all the pigments in the air get sucked up into filters
2. Every year they take the filters and remove the grey paint mixture to be put into tubes instead of disposing it into the environment ( which is bad )
3. A small box of this unique grey is distributed to local art supply shops to be give to artists for FREE
4. Then a competition is held to see who can create the best painting using this unique grey.

Every year the pigment variations differ so the this grey paint will have either a hint of blue one year or yellow or even green.

Interesting is it not?
T.Richmond

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Fantastic news

Postby Singular » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Congrats Tyler. That's great stuff.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery