A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

16-Day Campaign for Tanya's Director's Highlight Showcase

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

16-Day Campaign for Tanya's Director's Highlight Showcase

Postby rhknigh » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33 pm

UPDATE: This campaign is in the homestretch at 84% funded - what a great feeling! Cut-off is 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time this Friday. As for meeting the goal, our outlook is very positive. Tanya and I have been learning a lot with this first-time fundraising effort. It is kind of fun to tell the truth!

Something of interest I learned as the contributions came in, was you CAN actually be anonymous and receive a perk. You would still have to give an address to send your contribution-perk to, but you don't have to give your name if you don't wish to, and it won't be publicized. That is a tidbit I wanted to share here in case anyone was wondering about how that works. And of course, if you want to just give and not receive a perk - without even us knowing who you are - that is also an option. Privacy is totally respected.

Some Google Android bases have just come in and will be lined up to be customized soon. She also has owls in mind... and she told me about a totally new concept to try with an owl - I don't have permission to divulge any details - but let me just say the idea blew me away and if she pulls it off, it will warrant a response along the line of George Takei's "OH Myyy!" So please stay tuned to watch for more great creations yet to come from this artist.

2013 ENCORE PRESENTATION: Director's Highlight Showcase - Please help Tanya build funds for her participation in the RAWards Semi-Final Art Show. This is a show she was invited to do with only one month to prepare. Friday, December 6th, 2013 is the date of the show, which will run from 8pm-12am CST. This is one of the biggest shows of the year where we find out who the finalists are for the RAWards. Before the show I will create and share a press release with more show info.

As a courtesy that I extend when I can, I offer for up to ten A Singular Creation members free entry to this show ($20 value per person). Entry passes are limited to availability on a first-come first-serve basis, just message me or email rhknigh@gmail.com if you are able to come.

Please click on the photo or link below to see all the details. There are perks of the artsy kind for contributors. If you would rather show support anonymously you can do that as well. No money? - No worry, if you can spread the word by simply sharing the link with others that is fantastic as well ! :) Thank you so much for all your support.

http://igg.me/at/tanyadavisart/x/3436138
Last edited by rhknigh on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: 16-Day Campaign for Tanya's Director's Highlight Showcas

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:17 pm

I think it's a good promo and a great idea to give little 'gifties' to all contributors. Best of Luck. E
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm

ehoeveler wrote:I think it's a good promo and a great idea to give little 'gifties' to all contributors. Best of Luck. E

Thanks for your support, E. Means a lot. :D
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby rhknigh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Only 10 days to go, and we are now at 30% funded thanks to ongoing contributions.

I did an update yesterday on the campaign page, and Tanya did one the day before. If you can't afford to contribute that is cool, did you know you can also just follow it and get updates? We are gonna do our best to write up a newsy, fun, informative and/or sneak-peek update every day. Tanya is cooking up a new tidbit to post tonight! 2 down, 10 to go. Are you IN?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tanya-s-2013-director-s-highlight-showcase/x/3436138?c=activity

rhknigh
Writer

Postby rhknigh » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:04 pm

Only SEVEN days left!! 45.67% Funded - hope you don't miss out on these super-amazing bonus perks for contributors. These are real steals. Tanya is almost half-way to making her goal for this campaign, let's keep it going and please don't be too shy to share.

Thanks!

Oh and here is the Press Release (one of them) for the show:

Tanya Davis 2013 Encore Presentation: RAWards Director's Highlight Showcase

Selected pieces by Tanya Davis will be on display and for sale one night only.

Austin, Tx (I-Newswire) - Tanya Davis will be featured as part of the Director's picks for RAWartists Austin. She will be in attendance to meet and talk about her art. Shortly after her October show, which was to be her last of 2013, she was invited to come back for this grand finale. This show is where the semi-finalists will be selected to represent the city for the RAWards Artist of the Year which will be determined in the last show in Los Angeles.

Davis is a multi-medium visual artist based in Austin, Texas specializing in figurines. She will be showing some of her recent vinyl toy custom pieces along with her celebrated Steampunk'd Buddies figurines. There will also be a limited assortment of art prints on hand.

"Tanya's figurines have a really excellent style, and are nicely executed. I love when industrial factors are added to otherwise natural things." - Sam Hotch, screen printer and artist, Philadelphia, PA, USA

"New customizer Tanya Davis is coming out of the gates swinging!! I've been following Tanya's work for a while now on Instagram and all I can say is WOW!!! Keep up the great work Tanya!!" - VinylRiot.com

RAWartists is an independent arts organization which helps promote many different artists and performers in the beginning years of their career. This will be the third RAWartists show for Davis. The event will be on Friday, Dec. 6, from 8 p.m. until midnight CST at The Belmont located at 305 West 6th Street, Austin, Texas. Tickets are $15.00 pre-sale and $20.00 at the door. Ages 21 and up only. The official event page is: http://www.rawartists.org/austin/rawards2013

Anyone unable to attend, may also show support another way through her Indiegogo Campaign which will run for just over two weeks. There are perks for contributors. Showing support anonymously can be done as well, minus the perks. Please feel free to spread the word by simply sharing the link with others, which is also helpful. The link to the campaign is: http://igg.me/at/tanyadavisart/x/3436138

Tanya Davis is a natural born artist, creating art ever since she could pick up a crayon. She has been doing commission work and selling her pieces professionally for three years. Her primary medium is polymer clay. She first began working with it in 2010 when she created her Steampunk'd Buddies which are animal figurines constructed from polymer clay and mixed media with a steampunk/industrial design. For more information about Davis and her artwork, visit her official website:http://www.tanyadavisart.com to get better acquainted with her, read about current and past projects and much more.

Source: http://www.i-newswire.com/tanya-davis-2 ... ion/248786

rhknigh
Writer

Postby rhknigh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Well it has been a flurry of activity over here. First update to the last post: The campaign was a success! It garnered support state-side, in Canada and France. Although many friends of ours lent support, it is always amazing to see the reach beyond our personal scope.

Second update: The show was rescheduled due to inclement weather. Friday was sleeting and in the 20s (F) so thank-goodness it will only in 40s range and dry tonight. THE show must have a winner an all that. We are just pleased as punch to be a part of this grand finale for the RAWartist and for Tanya's eventful first year of getting her work into shows. So we are packing up right now and soon to dress up and get on downtown to 6th Street for setting up. The doors open @ 6pm and the official show will run until 11pm followed by an after-party indoors.

Will have photos and follow up news later on. If you follow me on Instagram I should have some live event shots uploaded (WiFi willing). Thanks for your interest and support ASC members. Keep Warm, and send warm happy art thoughts our way tonight!

Cheers - Becca and Tanya

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:48 pm

Tanya and Rebecca; A happy ending due to superb marketing and artist's talent - have a wonderful time at the show. You've earned it. E
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks for the kind words E, you are a fantastic encouragement.

Tanya Davis in front of the RAWartists Wall

We had a brilliant show, it was so fun. I uploaded a lot to Instagram and Facebook.

And there were two more stashed.

EVERY show we learn something new for the next. This closes out 2013. 5 figurines sold and a LOT of great new fans and excitement from a night of the best of the best.

Tanya has begun sending out Perks to our campaign-funders and we got some art ourselves. Looking forward to see what she makes in 2014! SOO much planned to do!

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:18 pm

There is nothing more fun than being at an opening and selling your work. Congratulations on your sale(S)!!!!!
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm

I was just Googling Tanya - apparently I need to do that more often. Here is another video RAWartists made, which show her at this event. At the end you see her on stage showing a whale figurine. It is not an interview, she declined that option. Nice of them to make video footage of her and her work all the same. Enjoy!

rhknigh
Writer

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Indiegogo is great. kickstarter too...

looks great!
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)