A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Tanya's Last Show for the YEAR!

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

Tanya's Last Show for the YEAR!

Postby rhknigh » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:27 pm

A Singular Creation members - please let me know if you will be in Austin on October 17th and would like to attend, we can get you in on our list - no cover. 21 and up only.

Event details per press release that follows:

Tanya Davis Featured in Local Art Show: Encompass Presented by RAWartists Austin

Tanya Davis will be in attendance to meet and talk about her art on display one night only. This is her last show for the year 2013.

Austin, Tx - October 17, 2013 RAWartists presents the ENCOMPASS Art Show. Selected pieces by Tanya Davis will be on display and for sale one night only. Davis is a multi-medium visual artist based in Austin, Texas specializing in figurines. Tanya Davis will be in attendance to meet and talk about her art. She will be showing some of her latest vinyl toy custom works along with her celebrated Steampunk'd Buddies figurines. Davis will also have a limited assortment of art prints on hand.

"Tanya's figurines have a really excellent style, and are nicely executed. I love when industrial factors are added to otherwise natural things." - Sam Hotch, screen printer and artist, Philadelphia, PA, USA

"New customizer Tanya Davis is coming out of the gates swinging!! I've been following Tanya's work for a while now on Instagram and all I can say is WOW!!! Keep up the great work Tanya!!" - VinylRiot.com

RAW is an independent arts organization which showcases many different artists and performers. This is the last group exhibition show of the RAW season. The event will be on Thursday, Oct. 17, from 8 p.m. until midnight at The Belmont located at 305 West 6th Street, Austin, Texas. Tickets are $15.00 pre-sale and $20.00 at the door. Ages 21 and up only. The official event page is: http://www.rawartists.org/austin/encompass

Tanya Davis is a natural born artist, creating art ever since she could pick up a crayon. She has been doing commission work and selling her pieces professionally for three years. Her primary medium is polymer clay. She first began working with it in 2010 when she created her Steampunk'd Buddies which are animal figurines constructed from polymer clay and mixed media with a steampunk/industrial design. The Steampunk genre has always been of great interest to Tanya which she finds to be an endless source of inspiration. For more information about Davis and her artwork, you can visit her official website: http://www.tanyadavisart.com where you can get better acquainted with her, read about current and past projects and much more.

source: http://www.i-newswire.com/tanya-davis-featured-in-local-art/241077
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Tanya's Last Show for the YEAR!

Postby Singular » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:04 am

Would love to be there. Good luck you two!
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby rhknigh » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Singular wrote:Would love to be there. Good luck you two!

We would love to have you. Well there will be media from the event. Right now she is trying to get those Yo!s for the Passadena DesignerCon completed so she can focus on getting as much stuff ready for her October show here.
Last edited by rhknigh on Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

UPDATED: Tanya's Last Show for the YEAR!

Postby rhknigh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:34 pm

Tanya next to display showcase

She ended up moving her trunk display of prints and things closer to the podium with her polymer -clay works. The show's photog will have a better rendering of the way it was all set up at showtime I can post those when available later. I had to take this to capture how on top of the world she was about getting things done so smoothly and early enough to grab some sushi next door before the show. Huge contrast to the first go, we learned lots. 2013 has really made a professional artist of Tanya Davis.

Results: 2 figurines sold, 1 polymer heart sold, multiple prints and sticker packets sold, 2 requests for polymer clay workshops (which I am not sure she wants to do since not wanting to give up proprietary information), networking in general, more new contacts, solidified/strengthened existing relationships with other creatives, almost ran out of business cards, and saw a lot of great art and interesting people. Oh, and a commission. It was totally worth it. :D

Becca at the Encompass show

And here is a much less-interesting picture of me, same place, just right before doors opened at 8pm.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:39 am

This is so wonderful, you guys - you must be floating to the moon! Sincere Congratulations, E
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:20 pm

Here are a couple shots that the professional photographer took at the last show. Once I upload some more they will be available on Tanya's website or blog, depends what we do next. We are actually in process of making a brand new site to replace the current one. Stay tuned.

Figurine Display

Prints and stickers display chest.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby rhknigh » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:33 pm

The show's promo vid is out, not an interview (Tanya decided not to do another one just yet) but glimpses of what went on that night. I can hardly believe we are about to do ANOTHER one next month. Well it is good for a call for more to be answered.

rhknigh
Writer