A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Artist Tanya Davis to Be Featured in Upcoming Vinyl Thoughts

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

Artist Tanya Davis to Be Featured in Upcoming Vinyl Thoughts

Postby rhknigh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 pm

HERE is one of the Press Releases I created for Tanya's upcoming show in Dallas. This one is specifically for the vinyl custom toy artists. If anyone here is in Dallas that week, this is a free show. I am hoping to get it off work so I can road trip up to attend it myself.

Let me know what you think of my first PR experience. If you Google the Subject of this post (same as the PR title) some of the other ones I published on this event should come up as well. Some of them are better than others, an each news site has different criteria about what can and cannot be in the release. This was my first go at it. I hope to continually improve my skills. This is a service I might offer to creatives in need of PR in the near future, just certainly not for free as it takes a lot of time and technical know-how (AP Book of Style is one of my many new writing tools).

Thanks for looking!

Rebecca
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Artist Tanya Davis to Be Featured in Upcoming Vinyl Thou

Postby Singular » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Very well written Rebecca. And you are right. PRs take a certain expertise. I write tons of these for e-blasts for my clients and they can be time consuming.

Best of luck to Tanya at the show.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:24 pm

Rebecca, Kudos for your hard work in marketing Tanya. As fine as her work is, there is still a need
to 'put her out there' often and even more. I know she'll do fabulously. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby eddieblz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Nice PR Rebecca. Very well written. she'll do well.
eddieblz

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby rhknigh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks so much for all the kind words. The iNewsWire site is my favorite because it is so clean (no other ads, and for no extra charge!). The funny thing about each news site is each will take time to review and you don't really know if it will be accepted and published until the email that it is live comes. So it is absolutely one of those things to do well in advance.

Tanya is happy with them also. These are her first Press Releases as well. All the pieces for this upcoming show have to stay secret until the Show. Tanya is doing some teasers and WIPs on her Instagram and blog (yes she is seriously blogging now!!).

For my professional development I have made some really valuable writer contacts that are helping coach and mentor me. I am still doing the Saylor Free Art History courses and recently have discovered Udemy. If you haven't heard of that one, check it out. Not everything on it is free but a lot of good stuff is. I am a big proponent of the inherent value of education so FREE, yes it is always the right price. I took a course on how to make my Blogger look more professional (check it out if you want to see what new skills I applied to it) and various other things like PhotoShop design, Color Theory, I even took an Oil Painting class just to get the feel of it (watched and listened that is, no, no painting by me at this point).

I guess that covers my news. Hope you get a chance to look at my re-vamped Artist Interviews process as well and let me know what you thoughts are on that, and who knows... maybe some intrepid creative soul will request one soon!

Good evening,

Rebecca
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby rhknigh » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:32 pm

The Show looked awesome from what we scoured from the internet buzz surrounding it. From fans we have the following photos, we just couldn't manage to make it due to our work schedules and lack of funds.

Another look at the display table

And one fan did a closeup of the Mohawked droid (first time she made one like it) which was purchased at the show. The sapphire blue droid sold the next day when the event promoted the vinyls from the event on their StoreEnvy page. There are still the others from the photo remaining.

The pieces final looks had to be kept secret until the show, and Tanya has a blog post about the event on her blog here.

And now she is preparing for her final show which will be next month here in Austin. Looking forward to it, and will update you more on that in days to come. Hope all my ASC family enjoyed the pictures I posted today. It is just a whirl and rush around here, work-life and art-life balance, I am sure you are well aware of how that goes. More show pics here http://vsvinyl.com/2013/09/13/vinyl-thoughts-4-art-show/

Take care - Rebecca

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Very, very cool. Thank You, E
ehoeveler