A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

It kills me

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

It kills me

Postby Endlessfun » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:04 pm

It kills me that there are people out there in nomans land creating works of genius that no one will ever see.
Jeez the world is crying out for fresh interpretations – screw this nonsense about truth it is nothing of the sort, we wouldnt know truth if it bit us on the butt.
What we do notice is another way at looking at things. In art its all up for grabs.
Every person is a prism able to shine a light in a different way - all thats wanted is intent focus and will.
Just forget about somebody paying you for your effort.

Discuss
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Praise is no part of it, for nothing is made worse or better by praise.
Homer Simpson - [Not] M.Aurelius actually
Endlessfun

Re: It kills me

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 pm

Don't get me started but start I will. We as American voters have
been duped by the Koch brothers and many other followers of the Ayn Rand Philosophy.
I can't imagine the brothers buying any kind of art but the kind that's a good investment.
That means current well-known and all the greats from the past. Very few new.
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby rhknigh » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Art must move forward. People must continue to express. Many do it because they are compelled to get it out of their system, and find joy or at least contentment with the doing so.

Tanya says she makes art for fun, and when people buy it it helps her a) keep from having too many creations surrounding her and b) finances future art.

Many writers are the same way (me for instance) I write because it pleases me and is a form of entertainment and sharing ideas. It pays me in ways that money could never do.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby eddieblz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:34 am

And if one should wish to shine through that prism privet, only shining on those whom they wish. Doesn't that become that become there own truth. There are those out there who believe that the only good art out there is that that has been done by an artist close to the end of his life.
eddieblz

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Endlessfun » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

I couldnt say. I am inclined to think that tracing back an artist/creators body of work leads back to maybe half a dozen good ideas/archetypes that were explored and developed.

By the end of your life you are either totally deluded and zombie like ploughing the same furrow, mugging to the crowd or happily contemplative that you brought something worthwhile into the world.
Somthing that has taken on a life on its own. -I dunno - I have a few more years to go (i hope) hahah
Anything in any way beautiful derives its beauty from itself and asks nothing beyond itself.
Endlessfun

Postby eddieblz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:20 pm

Most of the time if not almost all the time an artist will never know if anything he/her has created will take on a life of it's own. After an artist dies, something that artist has created will pop up somewhere and the right person will see it, say "that is absolutely amazing" search for more works by that artist. Put together a halfa$$ed biography getting info from the few left that may have known that artist. Then promote the hell out of said artists work, making a mint in the process. All the time the poor artist lays in his/her grave having died a struggling pauper, believing his/her life time body of work had been a miserable failure. I myself tho for a little while in my life was able to make a pretty good living off my artistic talent the only drawback was I was creating things other people wanted to me to create. I'm great-full to have had that experience. Now I just create for myself and my own pleasure sharing my work with whoever wants to see it.
eddieblz

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:52 pm

I knew I wouldn't get rich making art - I do it because that's all I know or want to know.
Art is a vocation, not a job. If I can make a dollar or two, I'm ok.
ehoeveler

Postby eddieblz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:28 pm

ehoeveler wrote:I knew I wouldn't get rich making art - I do it because that's all I know or want to know.
Art is a vocation, not a job. If I can make a dollar or two, I'm ok.

My sentiments exactly.
eddieblz

Postby Endlessfun » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:53 am

eddieblz wrote:Most of the time if not almost all the time an artist will never know if anything he/her has created will take on a life of it's own...... see it.

By 'life of its own' I was thinking more along the lines of say..
Everybody creates something but accidentally destroys it then they may spend an age trying to get it back – might be picture, a friendship/ music/trust/water from a pond (I am not a serious person)

This thread for instance is a roundabout way of acknowledging there are great works out there in nomans land that have been drowned out and will never see the light of day,
the creator lonely and discouraged.
My little'ol creative act here is attempting to coax people out of the shadow world –
What I am doing is payback - an unknown voice on a failing radio gave me heart once.

I may have sown a seed and it may take on a life of its own or it may not -
I move on - coz everything else is vanity.
Endlessfun

Postby VicG » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 am

"Don't get me started but start I will. We as American voters have
been duped by the Koch brothers and many other followers of the Ayn Rand Philosophy.
I can't imagine the brothers buying any kind of art but the kind that's a good investment.
That means current well-known and all the greats from the past. Very few new.
ehoeveler

Hey "E" I am upset with you. Do you have any idea of what Ayn Rand's philosophy is about? How she was a champion of the independent thinker struggling against the status quo? Read her novel "The Fountainhead" and then profer your opinion. I
would love to debate this issue with you. It needs to come out and be discussed within the artistic community.

With all due respect, Vic
Vist my painting blog athttp://oldmasterspainting.comfor more in depth articles
VicG

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:56 am

OK, Vic but not today...I can see I need to read up on Ms. Rand a bit more - I always thought she was
one of those uncaring capitalists, ya know, survival of the fittest, etc. Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Return to Shoot The Breeze