A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Heirloom Piece

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Heirloom Piece

Postby rhknigh » Fri May 31, 2013 4:53 pm

My grandparents were born in 1902 and 1903 respectively. This piece hung in their home until the late 1980's and was just recently handed down to me from my parents. The backstory is missing.

When I look at it I am pretty sure it is a fine art print. The frame looks to be custom made. In the lower right hand corner it says "Beginning of Fall 3503" This is all I know. I won't open it, but might take it to a restorer that has a good reputation one day. Maybe the artist signed it or left a note in the matting.

Disclaimer: Although I plan to task myself with learning the proper way to take photos of artwork, I have not yet learned it. So I have jumped on a stool and snapped a shot with my iPhone because I write, that is my thing, visual is still very much an amateur area for me. Pardon the reflection of me, it is not as bad as most of my goes at taking photo of framed art. This is way too big to scan (for my home scanner). At some point I might enlist artistic talent to aid me. I like to make a quick delivery on requests, so... Here it is now, with no further prologue....

Here it is with a sharpening filter

Sharpened photo
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26
Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Heirloom Piece

Postby rhknigh » Fri May 31, 2013 4:54 pm

In case you were wondering, the Knight family is a long line of farmers, not just the family farm type, but the many acres type. Some still are...
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Fri May 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Thank You so much, Rebecca! This painting is wonderful - what kind of crops or should I ask?
ehoeveler

Postby rhknigh » Fri May 31, 2013 6:06 pm

Lots of grains, oats, barley, corn, wheat. Hay. I think alfalfa. That is big farm crops for the Northern Midwest in U.S.

rhknigh
Writer

Postby ehoeveler » Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Nice. Big important crops!
ehoeveler