A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Sacramento Artist Featured at Downtown ArtAbout

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

Sacramento Artist Featured at Downtown ArtAbout

Postby dkosorio » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Dated: March 8, 2013

Sacramento artist DK Osorio announced today that her artwork will be featured starting March 8 2013 at
Davis’ 2nd Friday ArtAbout. Her oil paintings and ink drawings will be on display at French Cuff Consignment, 130 G Street, in Downtown Davis, until January 6, 2013. There will be a reception March 8 from 5-9 p.m.

Osorio, a California resident since 1993, began work on her ink on paper series October 1, and has created
one drawing a day every day since. She has worked mostly with oil paint in the past, but has recently begun
to branch out into different media, such as acrylic paint on tile, and ink on paper. The daily artworks can be
seen at http://art.thewallisgroup.com/InkOnPaper-photos.html

2nd Friday ArtAbout is a monthly evening of art viewing and artists’ receptions at galleries and businesses in Downtown Davis and beyond. Coordinated by the Davis Downtown Business Association, all events are free and open to the public. Many include complimentary refreshments and opportunities to converse with featured artists.

D.K. Osorio is a self-taught Northern California artist who works mostly with oil paint on canvas. She
strives for each project to be unique in technique and style, but is more than happy to accept suggestions for
future artworks. Contact her at art@thewallisgroup.com, or visit the website at http://art.thewallisgroup.com.
dkosorio

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Sacramento Artist Featured at Downtown ArtAbout

Postby dkosorio » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Well, this one was pretty quiet, with not too much traffic in the store. My artwork is in the store for a month, so hopefully I will get more exposure (and sales) over time, for those who did not come out on Friday night. -dk
dkosorio

Postby rhknigh » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Sorry to hear that there wasn't much traffic for your showing at the store. Though it is true that the best things tend to take patience, I would still like to recommend to you http://www.rawartists.org/sacramento
Hopefully if you submit to and get taken on with them you will have as positive an experience as the Austin RAWartists has been for Tanya. You get direct exposure to an audience interested in art and in a fun atmosphere.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby Singular » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 am

Good luck DK. I hope it picks up for you.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 am

Sorry, Deek - Been there and it sux.
Onward and upward! E
ehoeveler

Postby dkosorio » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you all for the encouragement. Here I was looking west (Davis) of home and I should have been looking east (Sacramento)! Thanks for the tip about RawArtists. I'll let you know how that goes. Like E said, onward and upward! -deek
dkosorio