A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Announcement: Etsy Website: A place to sell your work

Share your art related resources, such as framing, business cards, web hosting or whatever else you can think of.

Moderator: Moderators

Announcement: Etsy Website: A place to sell your work

Postby pyewacket » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:39 pm

It was one of those dumb luck things and it's amazing how one things leads to another to another. I belong to MyLot.com which is one of those discussion groups you can belong to and actually earn money for each discussion you participate or initiate. For the heck of it I typed in the word crafts, and out came a few discussions. One person mentioned about Etsy--it's similar in content to e-bay, but geared only for us creative, artistic types...you can sell anything there..any craft you make, jewelry and yes,....even artwork I decided to post my teddy bears and some of my jewelry that I sell, I did this on Thursday, April 5th...and lo and behold I already made my first sale only two days later!

The link is

http://www.Etsy.com

Good luck
~~All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us~~ Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
pyewacket

Postby Singular » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:45 pm

Thanks for sharing. Etsy looks pretty cool. Definitely would be good to link your website images to your Etsy selling pages.

best regards,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby pyewacket » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:44 am

this is the link to my "shop"

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5116122

I already sold the teddy bear I make..so they pulled it off, am making more to sell again
~~All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us~~ Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
pyewacket

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:55 am

I heard of Etsy before, but I never actually took a look at it. It's nice to hear that you can actually sell your stuff there. The other site, mylot seems like a big waste of time for a few dollars. Thanks for the info though, it's good to keep informed on what's out there, Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby pyewacket » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:35 pm

I've only been over at MyLot for about two weeks and have already earned $10--okay not a fortune..but I'm on SSI Disability, and get a very, very small benefit check...so believe me a few bucks here and there is a help
pyewacket

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:20 pm

I was just kinda talking to myself. Sure I could use that money, but the precious little free time I have for myself, I want to spend it on my art. In the long run, I think it will serve me better. But if I had more time I would also go for it. Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Nicoletta » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:38 am

cool pyewacket.. i just registered with etsy... Good luck to us both.. Thanks for the info.. peace and love... NIkki
Nicoletta
Nicoletta

Gallery: View Gallery