A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Sacramento Artist To Be Featured At December Davis Artabout

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

Sacramento Artist To Be Featured At December Davis Artabout

Postby dkosorio » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey folks here is a press release for my next show. Wish me luck!

Dated: Dec 03, 2012

Sacramento artist DK Osorio announced today that her artwork will be featured starting December 14 at
Davis’ 2nd Friday ArtAbout. Her works of ink on paper will be on display at Armadillo Music, 205 F
Street, in Downtown Davis, until January 6, 2013. There will be a reception and live music on December 14
from 6-9 p.m.

Osorio, a California resident since 1993, began work on her ink on paper series October 1, and has created
one drawing a day every day since. She has worked mostly with oil paint in the past, but has recently begun
to branch out into different media, such as acrylic paint on tile, and ink on paper. The daily artworks can be
seen at http://art.thewallisgroup.com/InkOnPaper-photos.html

2nd Friday ArtAbout is a monthly evening of art viewing and artists’ receptions at galleries and businesses in Downtown Davis and beyond. Coordinated by the Davis Downtown Business Association, all events are free and open to the public. Many include complimentary refreshments and opportunities to converse with featured artists.

D.K. Osorio is a self-taught Northern California artist who works mostly with oil paint on canvas. She
strives for each project to be unique in technique and style, but is more than happy to accept suggestions for
future artworks. Contact her at art@thewallisgroup.com, or visit the website at http://art.thewallisgroup.com.
dkosorio

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Sacramento Artist To Be Featured At December Davis Artab

Postby Singular » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 am

Good luck D.K. Hope you do well.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ehoeveler » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Clapping hands in the air!!!
You're on your way, Girl.
'Best, E.
ehoeveler

Postby dkosorio » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 pm

You guys rock! I'm a little nervous, and you all have been so supportive. You help me get through this. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, dk
dkosorio

Postby rhknigh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:26 pm

D.K.,
I love the oil paintings with their bold colorful splashes. They are really striking. I see your art is in a variety of forms, as you are branching out. Do you find that you reach a wider audience this way, or are the favorites always in the same medium category? I am curious, I represent my partner Tanya Davis (see site on profile). She is multi-faceted with her artistic creations also. Her biggest success so far is her more recent polymer clay figurines (which she has developed her technique/style in the past 2 years). Variety is the spice of life as they say, and her work is her passion and how she relaxes and has fun. Any word on how the audience receives the multi-art mediums by same artist, (in this case you) and if you have any advice on the transition from showcasing one element to another would be of great interest to us both.

And, any artists with insight on this matter please feel invited to respond. Thank you - Rebecca and Tanya
rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26

Postby dkosorio » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Rebecca and Tanya,
Thank you for the kind words. That's actually something I'm trying to figure out myself. For the Davis ArtAbout in March, my work will be in an upscale consignment shop. I'll be showing both my oil paintings and drawings together for the first time. It should be interesting to see what attracts people. I'm trying to strike a balance between what I like to do, and what other people want to buy. I can finish a drawing in a day, but a painting takes time, so there is that balance between time and money.

I will be posting later this week with more information about the show and followup with how it went.

Thanks again, dk
dkosorio

Postby rhknigh » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Cool. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to hearing how it goes. Only one show under our belts so far, so more curious than most I suppose.
Rebecca Knight, representing artist Tanya Davis & author of a blog celebrating creativity:

rhknigh
Writer

Articles: 26