A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Vistaprint Consumer Warning

Share your art related resources, such as framing, business cards, web hosting or whatever else you can think of.

Moderator: Moderators

Vistaprint Consumer Warning

Postby DeDeSorensen » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:16 pm

I've received this warning from several sources this morning and felt that I should pass it on to all those here. I personally have never used their services. Check out that link if you are even the tiniest bit tempted to use Vistaprint.com for "free" artist postcards or business cards. It's an eye opener.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/vistaprint.html
DeDeSorensen

Postby DLKeur » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Good heads up. Thanks. I have used them in the past. I won't again, that's for sure.
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Oh my!!! Thanks for posting this DeDe. I have used them in the past and actually just recommended them to a friend. I guess I was lucky and didn't get hosed. After reading your post and doing a bit of reading up on them on other sites, I am definitely deleting any post or link I have of them from this site.

thanks,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

You're both very welcome :)

Postby DeDeSorensen » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:50 am

Knowledge is power -- which is why these Internet artist communities are so important. Too often, companies try to take advantage of artists thinking that we are easy prey due to the fact that we are isolated workers and therefore, ignorant. Its a pleasure putting creeps like this in their place -- out of business!!
:) DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:45 pm

Wow, Deedee! Good detective work. E
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby clvngodess » Tue May 08, 2007 10:26 am

I've used them for business cards, two sided, very custom. The fee was 78 dollars and included shipping. They were quick, the printing was good. However, they did start the sharing of my information with other marketers. I simply use my email filters to block the spam and I wrote to them to stop calling. They have.
clvngodess

Good printer

Postby clvngodess » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:18 am

I use www.gotprint.com for all my print needs. They are local to my community, Los Angeles, but ship all over. The work they do is outstanding and the pricing is very fair.

And, here's the biggie, they don't spam or share information. And their help desk insn't in India or the Bahamas, or some other off shore place. It's right here in Los Angeles.

Give em a shot. They're pretty easy to use.
clvngodess

Postby DLKeur » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:38 pm

Thank you for that reference. I'll try them. Now, anyone have something comparable to ImageKind?
DLKeur

Postby DLKeur » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:17 pm

I'm on redbubble. But I need a high quality printer/framer like IK, but without the horrible ISSUES IK has with their graft, collusion and politics and their website failures.
DLKeur