A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I need help please!

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

I need help please!

Postby heather » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:12 am

I cant seem to get my photos to appear in the order in which I would like them viewed. I get to the sort image screen and can move images in it, but then when I go to my gallery they are in the same original order. I even tried uploading them in the order I wanted and they still appeared in a different order. Also when I go to input the descriptions for each pic I quite often get an "Error I need an image token" and have to go back and re enter the info to get it to stick. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thank you!
heather

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: I need help please!

Postby Singular » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:27 am

Hi Heather. Let me check it out and get back to you.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Singular » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:36 am

Heather, Could you tell me more about the error you are getting? Does that happen when you are editing in single image mode or multiple image mode? Also, how long are you one the edit screen before you submit your changes?

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby heather » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:49 am

Always in multiple image mode and sometimes in single. If I submit the changes for each image as i go in multiple image mode it seems hit or miss. I'll have to go try it to write down what the full error message is. As for my length of time spent on each image it can be embarrassingly lengthy as I employ the "two finger typing" method. I'll get back to you ASAP with the full error message. Thanks *<{ ;~)
heather

Postby heather » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 am

I may have answered part of my own question- tried the multi image edit and had it work twice in a row, which made me wonder what was different this time. I live in rural WV and our internet connection was slow to say the least. I totally forgot on Friday we had finally gotten a provider to offer service to our area and had gotten access to a much quicker method. Possibly my whole problem was my lousy connection. Sorry to have wasted your time on that. I will copy the message if it ever happens again. Now if you can only help me with my other problem I will get out of your hair:)
heather

Postby Singular » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 am

Heather, you are not wasting my time at all. Not everyone has a fast connection so I need to be able to fix those issues as well. I am looking into your sorting problem and will let you know as soon as it is fixed. May be a few days.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby heather » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks so much! It would be a world of help. Also if I do come upon that error message again I will be sure to forward it. By the way, as a newbie I would like to thank you for the opportunity that you give everyone to share and display art, and that you offer it for free is priceless. I'm quite sure you have given a whole lot of amateur artists a nice set of wings.
heather

Postby Singular » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:32 pm

heather wrote:I cant seem to get my photos to appear in the order in which I would like them viewed. I get to the sort image screen and can move images in it, but then when I go to my gallery they are in the same original order. I even tried uploading them in the order I wanted and they still appeared in a different order. Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong? Thank you!

Hi Heather. I know it has been a long time, but this issue turned out to be bigger than i thought. there were some other things going on that I did not know about, that caused this issue. Anyway, I think my developers have it solved. Could you go to your album and check to see if your images are sorting correctly now?

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby heather » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 am

Ew, Ew, going to check right now!!
heather