A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Did anyone see the movie? I hear very contradictory opinions about it, I can't decide whether it's worth the expense. I only go to the theatre to see visually compelling movies like Titanic, Gladiator, Apocalypto and such.
Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby DLKeur » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:55 pm

Not ignoring you. I haven't even heard of that movie.
DLKeur

Postby Singular » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:01 pm

I definitely want to see it, just haven't made it out yet. I figure it will be somewhat like Gladiator, which I liked a lot.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:54 pm

I don,t know how old the story is. I remember it from about the 5th grade. 1958. Also it is a remake of a movie from around 62 or so I think. A very impressive story. And the 1st movie was very good. I,ll make it a point to see this one.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ehoeveler » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:34 am

Hi, guys - got this description from a movie trailer - Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite.

I saw the trailer and it looks like there's a lot of digital work in the film.
Enjoy, E
ehoeveler

Postby Erika Takacs » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:20 am

So nobody actually saw the movie yet? I was more interested in people's opinion after they saw it. Please let me know after you did. Thanks,Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:21 pm

Ok, I went to see it. Interesting - that's all I can say. There were some good parts and there were some very bad parts. I don't think it captured the real heroism of those 300 at all. The gore wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. But I don't know what was the meaning of the flying blood was. To make the video-game generation happy? The Persian characters were ridiculously distorted. I actually had to laugh when Xerxes appeared for the first time. The Persians were a formidable foe, and not depicting them as such, makes the whole effort useless. Those freaks and monsters did not help either. I think the director couldn't quite decide where to take this movie: realism or Lord of the Rings realism. The result is no credibility at all.
The good parts were the soundtrack and cinematography. There were moments of beautiful cinematography and some artistic scenes I really enjoyed. I read only one scene was done outside the studio, so it's amazing what they achieved overall with computer graphics.Erika
Erika Takacs

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:28 pm

Good review, Erika - I think I just saved eight dollars. E
ehoeveler

Postby Erika Takacs » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Ha-ha, it's just 1 opinion. E
Erika Takacs

Re: 300

Postby Ersyden » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 am

Erika Takacs wrote:Did anyone see the movie? I hear very contradictory opinions about it, v tight gel I can't decide whether it's worth the expense. I only go to the theatre to see visually compelling movies like Titanic, Gladiator, Apocalypto and such.
Erika

yes 8)
Ersyden

Re:

Postby smrtysusan » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 am

Erika Takacs wrote:The good parts were the soundtrack and cinematography. There were moments of beautiful cinematography and some artistic scenes I really enjoyed. I read only one scene was done outside the studio, so it's amazing what they achieved overall with computer graphics.Erika

If you like this movie you can also watch 300: Rise of an Empire.
smrtysusan

Return to Shoot The Breeze