A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I'm IN!!!!

Post your upcoming shows/exhibitions or any other art related news concerning you that you would like to share.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm IN!!!!

Postby BYart » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:04 pm

WOOHOO!!!!
After what seemed an endless wait to hear Something-

I Just received my acceptance letter today from the Illinois Artisans Program! Quoting from the letter-
"Dear Barbara,
We are pleased to announce that the jury accepted your work into the Illinois Artisans program. As a member of the Illinois Artisans program, your work will be considered for display in the illinois State Museum Society shops throughout the state."

I will now have the opportunity to display my work(and hopefully sell a few pieces :D ) at (according to the letter) one or more of the four State Musuem shops located in Chicago, Springfield, Dickson Mounds and Rend Lake(which is the one in my backyard :D ). It goes on to state that one or more of the shop managers will be in contact with me to arrange shipment or to drop off my work.

this is just what I needed to give me a bit of confidence in my work.
Below are a few of my pieces that were juried in-(some of the pieces I had submitted have since been sold at my recent Spinone Italiano show at Rend Lake Resort)
Just want to say a huge THANK YOU to Joe, John, Mike(Oilpainter), Al, Erika, and many others here that have encouraged and inspired me to reach higher.
I have been in an Artistic funk for awhile, but this is motivating me to refocus and keep reaching higher.
Attachments
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: I'm IN!!!!

Postby Singular » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:35 am

Congrats! Awesome new Barb. You deserve it.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: I'm IN!!!!

Postby BYart » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks Joe! Your encouragement has and continues to mean alot!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Return to Member News