A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Suggestions on materials

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Suggestions on materials

Postby Beccareliv » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I am in the process of an acrylic painting in the style of a stained glass window. My problem is this...I want to create the effect of the leading between the sections. It needs to have dimension, not just paint, and be easy to get completely smooth in it's line. I'm open to using something non-paint, but wonder if anyone has ideas of a material I could combine with paint, or lay down and then paint....
Beccareliv

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm

I hope someone knows more about this than I do. I would love to know also. I would use tape if going for straight lines, but I have a feeling you intend on doing a more intricate patern. So lets see what others think.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Suggestions on materials

Postby kutedymples » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:02 am

How about using some dimensional paint maybe putting it in a small applicator such as a cake decorating tube (parchment paper rolled up and a small tip cut out the size needed). I have used this method before to get fine lines, or even thicker lines and it is pretty easy to apply just takes a little while longer to dry than average acrylic paint. Maybe you could even find some sort of syringe type applicator at a craft store with a large enough opening that you could easily squeeze the paint out of. Let me know if you try it and also how you like the effect. I loved using it that way.
kutedymples