A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

I hate people

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

I hate people

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:10 am

who say they really want to buy my work,
rave about it, agree on price and everything and then back out.
(My prints are not expensive and I really don't
believe you when you say you're in Israel and want
to wait to buy when you come stateside, [u]next spring[/u].)
Arghhhh, second time this has happened!!!!
Care to comment? I could use some tender support.
Thanks, Elizabeth
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:07 am

Yep. People suck. Ha!!! :lol:

I would say that 30% of people who actually say they are going to buy, do buy. The other 70% cancel for some reason, whatever it may be. So don't worry about the 2 people who backed out. Over the long haul, you will get a lot of cancelations It will all average out.

good luck,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:44 pm

That does seem to me the way things work with art. Don,t know why. Everyone I know of has the same issue. Do you sell on line? Or have you ever set of a booth?
The only place I've ever talked with people about my work has been at work. Where I have a lot of work in the lobby. And I've talked with a lot of people. But have sold very little art work there. Ive talked to over a 100 people I guess, maybe more. But have only sold about 10 pieces. So for me it,s not 1 out of 3. It,s more like 1 out of 10. LOL.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ehoeveler » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks, Joe and John! It makes me feel better to know I'm
not the only one (I thought for a moment I was cursed),
but still a sad state of affairs. The present economical
situation sure doesn't help!
I'm praying for all the hardworking artists who need work
and support.
'Best, E.
ehoeveler

Postby BYart » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Yes, SOME people suck!
Don't let the few in the world like this get you down. Just keep plugging away at it, it will come(at least that's what I keep telling MYself, LOL).
And online sales, especially, are risky. Everytime you turn around there is a new scam being tried. :(
This internet certainly has put us all in touch. At times I wish it was still done the old fashioned way, meet and greet, and sell.
I have never sold anything except online.
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Re: I hate people

Postby eddieblz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Yup that's why I'm not doing it professionally any more.
eddieblz

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Uh-huh, I hear ya Eddie. Went to another show in Hapeville, Georgia - latest offering attached. I got
a bunch of "Oh, so Cute!" but people don't want to spend more that 5-10 dollars. I mean, c'mon!
Attachments
ehoeveler

Postby jenn_iam » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:51 pm

Elizabeth... Keep your chin up... the work is wonderful, because you put your heart in soul into what you love.
the same people who tout praise and words with intent to buy, and don't are the same types that will ask an artist that they know to just whip some art up for them...because they believe that because you have the talent, and it comes easy that it should be for free. Joe is right one the % aspect.. I get the same thing even here in our Galleries.. and those who come into buy try to haggle down the price even there.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Postby maryrucker2@gmail.com » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:23 pm

they always come up to me and say" Oh my sister-aunt-grandma is an artist too. Yeah. that's nice. now move along.
maryrucker2@gmail.com

Postby jenn_iam » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 pm

OH Mary -... .LOL That so struck a cord!!! I get that too... and my inner monologue (filtered of course) says the same thing... LOL

maryrucker2@gmail.com wrote:Yeah. that's nice. now move along.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Lol, Mary and Jenn!
ehoeveler

Postby www-ksart-se » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:23 am

Yea hapens to me to. I'm not even trying to sell by the way. But had people nagin of some paintings and how fantastic they are for agaes.
"i wanna by that one" bla bla bla. And after mounths of nagin i go. Ok you can by it for 50 bucks or something. Its like the mats + 10-20 bucks for the job. Nothing right?

Then he goes nah thanks any way... ^.^ That just show how mush he realy wated it.
www-ksart-se

Postby www-ksart-se » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 am

Just adding. What i started to after that.. Keep in mind i do not wanna sell stuff any ways.

So just so i wouldn't have to listen for nagin any more. I just say a over price. And the discussion stop there.
But the funny thing is i actually sold 3 paints for "over price" quess they really wanted those paints more then me. =)
www-ksart-se

Postby highlander0423 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:18 pm

This happens to me more then i'd like to admit when it comes to my custom tee shirts..Till i tell them a shirt is $40.. a custom hand drawn Tee Shirt.. they expect to get for $10 like at wall mart.. "Everyone love's your work, till they can't get it for free"
highlander0423

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:15 pm

I know!!!
ehoeveler

Postby highlander0423 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:32 am

CarlOwen wrote:Stumbled into this post while having my morning coffee. The news sucks as usual and didn't see any new contest posts so thought I would chip in my two cents. Seems while times change, people don't. All the comments I have read here are also my experience. Way back when while in college arguing and contesting my prof's and getting some 'C' grades as a result, I figured out I needed to change majors so I could get a job. Did it. Met a beautiful little Red head and got into an argument within about three minutes. Been arguing off and on for about 44 years now. My decision worked. I say this in order to get to this point. If you paint, sculpt or whatever to please someone else expecting profit from that, you shall surely lose and risk becoming embittered. If you create objects because of your own arrogant need to do so, you win. If you depend upon yourself, you win. If you have support of loved ones, you win. So, winning three out of four isn't so bad and you retain your humanity. The percentage of well paid artists are actually less than well paid movie stars. Buck up and chase your dream so that in the end when you look in the mirror and like the person looking back at you all is well with the world even if it is not. Go create something again and be fulfilled. I am now off to work on my El Rancho collection. Hope this face slap and rah-rah helps a bit.

I have changed my outlook recently to something like this.. I colour for me, if others like it great!, if they don't that's good too. I have made some money colouring comics, but i see it as a paying hobby. My Tee shirt Biz is my full time job.
I like the designing part of the shirts, I hate Pressing them.. But hey we all have parts of our Job we hate. .. OH! and the term "Starving Artist".. It's been around for Centuries.. and will be around long after were gone. Because WE artists do what we LOVE, because we LOVE what we do!..
highlander0423

Postby earthart » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:11 am

hi all, just came across this post and had a hardcore experience last year. i was contacted by a so called buyer for the sale of three of my large hangings. i was suspicious right off the bat, lol. anyway to cut a long story short it was a complete scam and it was never a buyer at all but someone trying to get me to send money via the post office. they must have been a complete chump if they thought i was going to do anything until the 8 thousand pound cheque had cleared. complete bum out. What an idiot, me too, ha ha. still painting though will never stop its part of me and it keeps me sane in this chaotic world. keep on keeping on :)
earthart

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:21 am

Keep on, you Gifted individual, you! The art market is filled with so
many heartbreak stories but we keep on. Why? Because WE LOVE ART.
Our wishes go out to you for a good Season - where I'm located the
Season is Now, lol. E
ehoeveler

Postby Nina Reach » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:39 am

Don't take close to heart, the main feature of human nature is say one thing and do another one. Just forget and move on :)
Nina Reach

Postby greenshada » Mon May 25, 2015 1:31 pm

lol like us shouldn't hate ppl jus look at thingz in like a diffrenet perspective, this place http://www.astrologyjunction.com/ use 2 do like astrology like really specific yrs ago and like with statisticss nd studies doeznt anymore but ur site made me think bout it, http://www.fortwayne.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... /320155001 this is like afootball article but like its pretty motivating story my motto is to always prove ppl wrong, they may not like you because of jealousy or cauz ur not being the best u know how 2 be yet so its jus all about showing urself, hope i can help
greenshada

Next