A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Help cropping the thumbnails?

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

Help cropping the thumbnails?

Postby BYart » Sat May 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Joe,
I guess i'm a putz :P , because i cannot figure out how to crop any of my images for a better thumbnail view. I have read the directions, have tried clicking on the image in Gallery modifications/edit file, but to no avail....nothing happens? Please can you give me a step by step as many of my images are thumbnailed/cropped in a way I would like to change.
Many thanks!
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sat May 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi Barb,

Cropping a thumnail is confusing, I must admit. Hopefully we can get it fixed in our upgrades. For now what you need to do is: click any f the thumbnails you would like to edit, to go to the detail view of the image. Once there, click the link on the right of the image that says: "edit file information". That will take you to the edit screen with all of the image details. on the right side, where you can view the thumnail of the image, there is a link that says "crop thumb" and another that says "change thumb". Click the link that says crop thumb. That will open a new window that will allow you to crop the thumbnail. Once done, hit save and the close that winow. If you refresh, you will see the new thumb.

Please let me know if you have any other problems.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby BYart » Sat May 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Thanks Joe! For some weird reason, probably ME :lol: , I did those steps previous to my thread here, but there was no availability of dragging or cropping. NOW there is....very strange. Anyway, thanks so much...got them done! :D :D
Barb

Paint the light... it will come!
BYart

Return to Gallery Support