A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

2007 Chelsea International Fine Art Competition

Find upcoming art contests / call for artists or post your own listing here.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby AgoraGallery » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:23 pm

Agora Gallery of New York City is pleased to announce its 22nd juried competition. Awards include: exhibition at the Chelsea gallery, cash awards, Internet promotion and review in ARTisSpectrum magazine. The exhibition will take place in Chelsea, New York City. The gallery/artist split will be 30/70 and, as part of our continued support to social awareness, Agora Gallery will be donating its share from all artwork sales to an international children aid foundation.

Visit http://www.Agora-Gallery.com/2007 to enter online or download the submission form. Deadline: March 8, 2007

http://www.agora-gallery.com/Images/log ... rLined.gif
AgoraGallery

chelsea contest 2007

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:07 pm

As long as they don't charge 1800 - 3000 bucks to display your winning work, go for it! Seriously, I think the Agora is a shady outfit - you will ultimately have a bad rep if you hook up with them. ehoeveler
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Agora

Postby DeDeSorensen » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:27 am

Yes, Agora Gallery is one of numerous "pay to display" galleries that are popping up more and more lately. "Pay to Display" or "Vanity Galleries" make their money from renting you (the artist) the wall space in which to display, therefore, they have no real motivation to promote and sell your art.
Submission to this gallery and others like it is definitely a "buyer beware" proposition.
:) DeDe
DeDeSorensen

agora

Postby ehoeveler » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:44 am

Yeah, I tell you! I wonder how they can still be in business! Betsy
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: agora

Postby DeDeSorensen » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 am

ehoeveler wrote:Yeah, I tell you! I wonder how they can still be in business! Betsy

It's very easy to see why they are still in business as there are still many artists who will do ANYTHING to get their work shown in a gallery; especially a gallery in New York City. As long as there are artists who will "pay for the privilege" to display their work, there will be galleries who will take advantage of that. Sad but true.
:) DeDe
DeDeSorensen

Agora Gallery

Postby fairforallartists » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:32 am

:?:
fairforallartists