A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Understanding the Beauty of Digital Art

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Understanding the Beauty of Digital Art

Postby Ramiro Valle » Fri May 14, 2010 6:50 am

There are not limits to express the creativity with digital art.
It is a magical path where we can reach the infinity.
What do you think about digital paintings based in photography?
Attachments
01-Madonna- 1024 kv- smaller.jpg
Madonna
01-Madonna- 1024 kv- smaller.jpg (139.33 KiB)
Last edited by Ramiro Valle on Sat May 15, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramiro Valle

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby johnwalkeasy » Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Ramiro, I think the big draw back with Digital art is kinda what you said about understanding the procress. When we think about painting. We think about
ushes, paint and a painting surface. It,s been that way for 10,000 years. When we think about sculpture. We think about a mass of matter and hand tools. It,s been that way for 100,000 years. It,s easy to wrap your mind around those two things. Digital art is real new. Perhaps 10 to 20 years. And it being so new to this world. It,s not understood. At this point in time it could be just a fad. Somthing that,s around for a while. And then fades away. Like vidos were a fad in the 80,s. Like cowboy movies in the 50,s. Like motorcycles in the 60,s And discos in the 70,s. And one can think of Art Deco. It ran for 30 years. And faded away. Now, these comments are not a put down. Just kinda the way I see things. It could have a
ight furture. Who knows. Only time will tell. We have a Digital artirst here that does outstanding work. Now ofcourse, if somthing is a fad. That can be a real good thing for the ones that are involed in it. Because all these things I,ve talked about are a big important part of Art history. A lot of well known people have been a part of it. As far as photography gos. I think it,s petty well done as an art form. The old saying use to be" Anybody can take a picture". Well, in todays world and in the furture. That,s the case. Don,t mean for that to sound so blunt. But I think it,s true. But ofcourse, people should do what makes them happy. And while somthing is the in thing. Go for it. Life itseft is only a temporary thing. So in the end. What differntance does it make? LOL.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ramiro Valle » Sat May 15, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi John:
thank you for the comment. I agree. I think it is a kinda process.
Evolution. But I don't think it is going to take as long as you say, because the new generation is more open to the new process...It will be interesting to do some polls with young people and older people...Anyway, in my case there is nothing that makes me feel so happy than taking pictures and going to the computer for almost 10 hours while my soul get lost and tired, but always happy. But one thing I tell you: It is a real challenge. Happy weekend to everybody participating in the discussion.
Attachments
55- Sunflowers-302Kv.jpg
55- Sunflowers-302Kv.jpg (128.37 KiB)
Ramiro Valle

Postby johnwalkeasy » Sat May 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Ramiro, I looked at your work. And it very good indeed. One can see the talent and skill that went into it. And I think you will do very good in the art market. And ofcourse the younger people are not only an important part of art. But the most important part of this world. One thing for sure is that the older people have sure made a mess of this world. But when I look at the young children. I know they will fix the mess old folks like myseft has made. And I love to see the young people take an interest in art. Whatever art form they get involed in. I want for them to be happy and have good things come thier way. I wish for you good luck and sucess.
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Menolly » Mon May 17, 2010 11:56 am

To throw an analogy into the ring, I think photography is to digital art what drawing is to the traditional arts like painting and sculpture. I agree with John that pure photography, as an artistic medium, is losing some of its power, as much because of the development of video as anything else. However, I think photography is especially important as a skill or tool for digital artists as sort of a starting point, like a charcoal sketch is to a painter. I'll admit I've been a little slow to understand how digital art is made, mainly because tools like '
ushes' and 'pencils' are also obviously tools in other mediums, so I would get confused in conversations. But I do think it is a viable artistic medium very much based on principles from traditional art. The only thing I worry about is that it doesn't have the same grounding in a physical sense. In a painting or sculpture there is always an original work that physically exists, from which copies are made. I think that digital work, which exists only on a computer screen until prints are made of it, lacks that 'real' connection. Whether this will prove to be a positive thing - because it doesn't require the viewer to go to it at a museum - or a negative thing - because it doesn't provide that sense of physical interaction with the viewer - will be seen in time.
Menolly

Re: Understanding the Beauty of Digital Art

Postby johnlobbs » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 am

The beauty of digital art is that it is often even more detailed than regular art. And there are many forms of digital arts to choose from online art galleries.
johnlobbs

Postby artauction » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:07 am

Digital art is a general term for any art created using digital technology. From my point of view, movement of digital fine art is exciting and I am really glad to be
living in an age with digital technology available to me.
artauction

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Like any other media, Dig. is what you make of it.
I've seen some amazingly intricate and wonderously
worked digital pieces.
I agree with John Walkeasy in the sense that, holding a
Wacom and stylus is different from holding a paint-laden brush
or lump of clay. And while the results of working a digital piece
can be mesmerizing, I never get the same organic feel that I get
from a trad. painting or sculpture.
There is definitely a place for Digital work. Yes, these days
anyone can 'shoot' like Man Ray or Annie Leibowitz but what fun
to now be able to go in and manipulate! I love it allll. E
ehoeveler

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:02 pm

Ramiro, I looked at your other pieces and let me tell you -
'Amazon' and 'Untitled' make a very strong argument for the validity of digital work.
I really think both of those look great exactly the way they are - maybe not as much if they were painted.
Both are fabulous. Thanks, E
ehoeveler

Postby Phil_B » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:06 pm

i've seen some amazing digital artwork too, natalie shau is up there as my favourite and i have also seen one of her exhibitions in London. i've done a little bit of digital art and have not really warmed to it as much as i wanted to mostly because it's too complex. sometimes i like to use digital art to work out a rough composition for a painting or play around with light and dark and then paint/draw it. when studying animation at university, digital art is quite important in that aspect but only in the later stages as pretty much everything in film/animation starts with a pen/pencil and a sketchbook before being transferred to a computer. digital art has taken over in certain aspects, particularly in advertising and product design, although i'm confident pencil/paper, paint/canvas will stand the test of time just like it always has done.
Phil_B

Postby benitasinn » Sat May 11, 2013 5:56 am

Interesting technique. Seems unnecessarily complicated at times though. Would love to know why you chose these colors, especially the greens and blues.

Art Glass Vase
benitasinn

Postby ehoeveler » Sat May 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Phil, there's room out there for both expressions but I'm like you.
I love the process of my painting - in bed, colors all around and cats nearby.
The water, the acrylics spread out on a plate, music playing. Perfect.
ehoeveler

Postby marybrown » Thu May 30, 2013 1:26 am

Digital Art helps artist to create and bring their vision of life in a beautiful manner. Digital Art allows creating anything and everything. Digital Art is a medium, where an artist is able to make different variations of the art. Digital Art describes efficiency of an artist in his/her craft.
Digital Art open up a new domain of beauty to the world. This is a digital Technology for photography.
marybrown

Postby ehoeveler » Thu May 30, 2013 2:04 pm

All true, Mary!
ehoeveler

Postby AbFuentes » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:18 am

Digital art always fascinating as it is..

--------------------------
Trendy Fashion Online Jewelry Cheap Cute Chokers Metal Business Cards
AbFuentes

Postby chirchri » Thu May 04, 2017 3:31 am

my friend thinks digital art is not “real art” ...but i think it's ok
chirchri