A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Art dealing with themes of Self/Identity for documentary.

Find upcoming art contests / call for artists or post your own listing here.

Moderator: Moderators

Art dealing with themes of Self/Identity for documentary.

Postby ahunking » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:10 pm

I am a Communication student from Simon Fraser University in B.C, Vancouver, Canada. I am working on a documentary that examines a cross-disiplinary look at the concept of the Self. I am hoping to find artists who are interested in having their work in the film. The theme is the self (Who are you, what are you, do we have a core self? Where did we come from?). The audience will mostly be the university but we are working to get it out to the public as well. If you would like to have your art represented in our documentary and you have a piece or pieces of art that fit the theme let me know. Unfortunately I cannot pay you but we will make sure you have a credit at the end. Let me know if you are interested.

Ash
ahunking

'Coming to Life'

Postby Williamlk » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:52 pm

My piece 'Coming to Life' might interest you. My website is below, that piece is there along with others. let me know if anything interests you and good luck with your project!
Williamlk

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby moonsent » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:56 pm

I have several peices that I think wouild be perfect. I am new to this site, have onlty a facebook page, but I do have a few pictures posted ... I am thinkling of my pen and ink drawings.

I don't knpw if this link will work but here goes

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=11 ... id=2012240

I have more pen and ink drawings.

if that doesn't work you can look me up

Elaine Gladden
in photos, my uploads

(I don't know who all those people are who have posted their photos to my site, but they might just drive me to myspace)

moonsent

Documentary, "Self"

Postby gracie553 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Dear Ash,

My entire portfolio is focused on self-discovery, self-acceptance, and self-cele
ation; my website is http://musser.carbonmade.com/ (my personal portfolio is under the "Paintings" and "Sketches" sections).

--Grace Musser
gracie553

Self perception through a child

Postby morsebe191 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 am

Enjoy, If you would like to visit my website it is
ookeelizabethann.com. Thanks, good luck on the documentary!
Attachments
brayden.jpg
This is my son braydens Self perception through my eyes
brayden.jpg (14.4 KiB)
c2dabce6e73a36a7ebb15a536f7f9264.jpg
My perception of myself, imagination, and nature
c2dabce6e73a36a7ebb15a536f7f9264.jpg (13.96 KiB)
morsebe191

Re: Art dealing with themes of Self/Identity for documentary

Postby emswain » Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 pm

"inside a jar with a lid, a giant arm with a head"
Emily Swain BC,Canada

This project resembles feeling out of place. The birds represent society as a whole and how we have fallen into the media inspired consumerist cycle that is spriralling us further away from the graceful reality I believe we could be living within. The octopus resembles the few of us who are still willing to "get our hands dirty". In nature octopuses are seen as feared hideous creatures, although these features that make them so strange; logically benefit them. We really need to begin thinking differently about humanitarianism and priority around the globe in general. If you apply this to society, the octopus in all of us needs to become apparent in order to make change.
emswain

Re: Art dealing with themes of Self/Identity for documentary

Postby shelley wheeler » Fri May 11, 2012 10:43 am

My life has been spent trying to share the beauty I see in random patterns. It is wrapped up in my identity because the ability is also a symptom that could be relieved with any number of different pills, all designed to make me normal. I do not want to be normal, I feel lucky to see the patterns...I constantly wonder, am I gifted, or am I crazy? I feel I am finally starting to be able to express what I see in my head. I used to fall down the rabbit hole just to see what happened, now I take equipment and a map. I am driven because my very identity is on the line...
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6655#p40306
shelley wheeler

Gallery: View Gallery