A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

UPLOADING FILES

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

UPLOADING FILES

Postby rodeodave2003 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:00 pm

HELP !
i'VE FOLLOWED ALL THE STEPS BUT WHEN i CLICK UPLOAD FILE, IT JUST SPINS AND SPINS. :?
rodeodave2003

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Hello there,
I am not sure why it is not working for you. Are you getting an error message? Please guide me in the process of what you are doing so that I can help.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby rodeodave2003 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:54 pm

Hello,
thanks for your reply. I finally got a message that said the file was too big.
Now the problem is that it cuts off part of the painting. I have no idea how to resize my files correctly.
Maybe you can educate me. I hope LOL
Thanks again Dave

PS If you look at my gallery " MY CRAZY PEOPLE " you'll see what I mean
rodeodave2003

Postby Singular » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:56 pm

I see. There are limits of 1024kb per file. So if your file is larger you would need to use an image editor to downsize or compress your file. I recommend a free software that I use called IRfanView. You can download it for free froom cnet.com. Here is the link: http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000- ... ?tag=lst-1
Singular
Founder

UPLOADING FILES

Postby rodeodave2003 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:39 pm

I see that no matter what I do the Paintings are square and that's what's bothering me. Because everyone's paintings on the whole site are square.
That bothers me because I want mine to truly represent the paintings.

Am I right ?
Thanks Dave
rodeodave2003

Postby Singular » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:26 pm

I see what's bothering you Dave. The square images are only thumbnails of your image. Once you click the thumbnail, you will be directed to the fulll image. By the way, you can mofify the thumbnail by clicking the "edit file information link" on the right side of your image in the detail view. Once you click that link, there is another link on the right that says "crop thumb".

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Image size

Postby BAReam » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:45 pm

Dave: In the main gallery all the images are formated as square for (I assume) uniformity and good use of space. My question is this: when you find your image(s) in the gallery and click on them, do they remain square of do they reformat to what you had uploaded into the file?
I work on a Mac, so this may not apply (exactly) but here's the idea. I have to editing programs {iPhoto & Kodac Easy Share} where I upload images directly from my camera. Once I found the image I want to edit {and open} I can do crop/contrast etc.,etc.. When finished I'm asked what format in which to save editing.... I always choose jpg. Also, I can choose specific file size limits or I can choose "best for web / best for email" etc.. I always choose best for web as this compresses the image to a more manageable size. This may place viewing constraints on the viewable image size... but tends to simplify life... my life anyway... as I'm certainly NOT a computer whizz-kid.
Hope this has been some help... BAReam
BAReam

Oooops

Postby BAReam » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:51 pm

I see that Singular beat me to the punch and his solution is better... anyway, try doing all your editing BEFORE uploading; or after :D

BAReam
BAReam