A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Licensable_Art - group for Artists & Photographers licen

Share your art related resources, such as framing, business cards, web hosting or whatever else you can think of.

Moderator: Moderators

Licensable_Art - group for Artists & Photographers licen

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:00 am

This is a project I'm starting up and I would like to make a couple points clear, please take no offense anyone.

1) This group will be for people offering commercial licenses of their work.

2) I am not ready for anyone to join yet as I am still configuring it all. I will edit my post here and add a new entry when I'm ready for that.

That being said, in essence my goal is to create a database of sorts where we can post samples of our work available for licensing. I am also setting up a links section. There are categories for those licensing their work that also offer prints and/or originals. BUT PLEASE, there is no way I can keep up with all the artists selling originals/prints only - but yahoo groups would be a good place to set one up like I'm doing.

If any of you would like
owse about and see what I'm doing, be my guest. If you have any comments or suggestions, just post them here. I can't promise to take all suggestions, with my disabilities I have to make sure I keep to what I can handle.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/licensable_art
My Facebook Fan Page - Come join as a fan and/or set up your own fan page.
Teknowizard

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Singular » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:13 am

Great idea Randall. Let me know if you need me to do anything, like set up an album in the gallery so that people can upload their sample images.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks Joe

Yahoo groups is somewhat limited as to adding anything like that but thought it would make a good way to give some of us an extra chance to be found. I might have an occasional html question though, but been
ushing up on it. Its been ten years since did much page design.
Teknowizard

Postby Singular » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:37 am

Teknowizard wrote:Thanks Joe

Yahoo groups is somewhat limited as to adding anything like that but thought it would make a good way to give some of us an extra chance to be found. I might have an occasional html question though, but been
ushing up on it. Its been ten years since did much page design.

That's cool. I don't know if you misunderstood me, but I meant that I would add an album to our gallery if you want me to. I wouldn't think that you could do that on the yahoo groups site.

all the best
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:40 am

Yep, misunderstood... been going thru way too much sleep deprivation because of this idiot next door who according the landlord will be evicted finally very soon. Not had my coffee yet.
Teknowizard

Postby Teknowizard » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:53 pm

OK, a bit more awake now... LOL

Yeah, an album might be a good idea, I'll let you know on that. I already added a link for here in the art related/ artist communities to help others find us. I always recommend here when I see people asking for critique at flickr because my experience there is you don't get any good critique most of the time at flickr, here I know folks can get good honest critique and I've always liked the light or full blown categories.
Teknowizard