A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Can this art be taken seriously?

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

Can this art be taken seriously?

Postby fullcirclenow » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:53 pm

It it 10" wide and 11" tall mixed media painted on masonite with iridescent acrylic paints and includes 5 types of semi precious gems embedded in clear as well as 3 good sized bismuth crystals. The texture is done with joint compound and clay. It has a 15 color led light strip recessed into the frame that is battery operated by remote control including effects. It's fairly sturdy and can be handled. It had to be because of the battery box hidden in the back, but it is still a painting without the lighting option. The title is Amethyst Cavern 6 "Cliffs".

I finished this piece last week and it sold immediately for $300. and was my first sale. I love making these Amethyst Cavern paintings but they're all kind of out there as far as any sort of category of accepted art so give it to me straight. Does this piece belong at the Art Show or The Craft Fair?

[/b][/b]
This was before it was done but shows a lighting effect
fullcirclenow

Re: Can this art be taken seriously?

Postby Singular » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:34 am

Absolutely can be taken seriously. I think they are very good. I look forward to seeing more of your art.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby fullcirclenow » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:09 am

Thank you! I'm new to the forum, and look forward to posting my work and seeing others work as well.
fullcirclenow

Postby fraggleraggle » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:58 am

What are you talking about? This is beautiful. I am not that good at art. I just do diamond painting.
fraggleraggle

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:32 pm

I would say 'why not?' If you take it seriously then the world will follow your lead. You can always do craft fairs.. or local arts showings etc, but I encourage you to explore and research galleries... share your work with those you think would be a good fit, and see with the will accept your work. all you can do is try.. and keep trying. don't let anyone tell you your work is something minimizing … its ART regardless of who understands it, likes it or not.
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Return to I Am Ready For The Fury