A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Need help with perspective drawing

We will post frequent tips for artists as well as tutorials that we've seen and like. Contributors are welcome. Post here if you need advice on anything art related.

Moderator: Moderators

Need help with perspective drawing

Postby Ellipsis_Art » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 am

New to art, and the concepts and techniques, I'm drawing a piece focusing on perspective, mainly for practice, but I'm running into some difficulties. Brief summary: it's a girl reading a book in a treehouse. It started as one point, but then I learned after trying to draw a window on the left side that it was at least two point perspective, but now I'm trying to draw more random figures (a broken hole in the wooden wall, and the subsequent pile of wood beneath it.) I say 'random' because of the randomness of the edges of the hole, and a pile of wood is pretty random. I'm just not sure where the perspectives of these objects lie. I'm also baffled by measurements of like items drawn at different points throughout the room. I could use any insight, or recommendations on reading materials that are considered useful on the topic of drawing perspective. Thanks.
Ellipsis_Art

Re: Need help with perspective drawing

Postby Singular » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi there. Here is a great article for you: https://asingularcreation.com/Forums/vi ... .php?t=719
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)