A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Getting "Forbidden" error message when submitting

Support for all gallery and showdown related issues, such as uploading files, finding your images and using keywords

Moderator: Moderators

Getting "Forbidden" error message when submitting

Postby bubba » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:16 am

Hello.

I've tried various ways to submit a single item and it's giving me an error message.

Please see attached. "Forbidden. You don't have access to this gallery..."

What is my next step. The deadline is Monday. Thank you!
bubba

Re: Getting "Forbidden" error message when submitting

Postby Singular » Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:19 am

Hi Barbara,

I replied to your email.

Thanks,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Shamus.Media.Arts » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Gallery/db_input.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I sent an e-mail with the picture... i have tried other files and its always the same if i can't fix this i may as well delete my account
Shamus.Media.Arts

Postby Singular » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 pm

Shamus.Media.Arts wrote:Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /Gallery/db_input.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I sent an e-mail with the picture... i have tried other files and its always the same if i can't fix this i may as well delete my account

Hi, I replied to your email. Let me know if that worked.
Singular
Founder

Postby Shamus.Media.Arts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:10 pm

I reduced the file by 50% didn't work... then I tried the file you sent me... and got the same error message... I had no Issue with File size as long as it was a jpeg to begin for 10 files all under 1 mb... So it failed I still can't load... there must be issues in the coding of your loader... because the Multiple file loader has been off line since I started.... and now the Single file loader won't work...you might want to take a look at... the programing language design of it to find the incongruity in the function...
Shamus.Media.Arts

Postby Shamus.Media.Arts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:12 pm

I reduced the file by 50% didn't work... then I tried the file you sent me... and got the same error message... I had no Issue with File size as long as it was a jpeg to begin for 10 files all under 1 mb... So it failed I still can't load... there must be issues in the coding of your loader... because the Multiple file loader has been off line since I started.... and now the Single file loader won't work...you might want to take a look at... the programing language design of it to find the incongruity in the function...
Shamus.Media.Arts

Postby Singular » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Shamus.Media.Arts wrote:I reduced the file by 50% didn't work... then I tried the file you sent me... and got the same error message... I had no Issue with File size as long as it was a jpeg to begin for 10 files all under 1 mb... So it failed I still can't load... there must be issues in the coding of your loader... because the Multiple file loader has been off line since I started.... and now the Single file loader won't work...you might want to take a look at... the programing language design of it to find the incongruity in the function...

Thanks for your reply. Do me a favor and try the multi file loader. Just click the link for it on the upload page and enable flash. Thanks
Singular
Founder

Postby Shamus.Media.Arts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:55 pm

I reinstalled Adobe Flash Player and cliked multi file and got this...

Upload interface is taking a long time to load or the load has failed. Please make sure that the Flash Plugin is enabled and that a working version of the Flash Player is installed.
Alternately you can use the single file upload interface.
Shamus.Media.Arts

Postby Singular » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:06 pm

Shamus.Media.Arts wrote:I reinstalled Adobe Flash Player and cliked multi file and got this...

Upload interface is taking a long time to load or the load has failed. Please make sure that the Flash Plugin is enabled and that a working version of the Flash Player is installed.
Alternately you can use the single file upload interface.

Very odd. I tested using your image and had no issues. Can you tell me what type of devise and browser you are using?
Singular
Founder

Postby Shamus.Media.Arts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Windows 10 with Opera Browser
Shamus.Media.Arts

Postby Shamus.Media.Arts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:41 pm

I'll try Running it through Mozilla
Shamus.Media.Arts

Postby Singular » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:38 am

Shamus.Media.Arts wrote:I'll try Running it through Mozilla

Looks like you finally got a few images to upload. I am going to contact my host this evening and ask them to check the logs to see if they can tell me why you have been experiencing so many issues. Thanks for communicating your progress with me.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Postby vcarrasco0911 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:30 pm

I'm new and having the same problem. I can't load any thing. When someone is new the host should leave a NC email in what to do in cases like this. I've been spending more time trying to load images and still cant c do it. I think I'll go will another cite or stay with the membership I have with another cite for artist. Their cite isn't complicated like this one.
vcarrasco0911

Postby Singular » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:36 pm

vcarrasco0911 wrote:I'm new and having the same problem. I can't load any thing. When someone is new the host should leave a NC email in what to do in cases like this. I've been spending more time trying to load images and still cant c do it. I think I'll go will another cite or stay with the membership I have with another cite for artist. Their cite isn't complicated like this one.

Hi. Sorry you are having issues. Can you tell me exactly what error you are getting and where you are getting it? Sreenshots would also be helpful. Thanks
Singular
Founder