A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Mixed Media Painting

Show off your art related web site here. If you like, you could even ask for some feedback if you want to know how it looks or what could be done to make it better?

Moderator: Moderators

Mixed Media Painting

Postby ArtByAyla » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:17 pm

Hey All, take a look at my site! http://www.aylaleisure.com :D
I'm open to any and all criticism! Don't worry about hurting my feelings.

You can also find me on instagram: http://www.instagram.com/artbyayla
Attachments
Mural @ Ellumiglow in Portland Oregon
ArtByAyla

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Mixed Media Painting

Postby Singular » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:46 pm

Hi there. Your work is impressive. I really like the image here.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby ArtByAyla » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Singular wrote:Hi there. Your work is impressive. I really like the image here.

Thanks so much for taking the time to check it out! :D :D :D :D Glad you like it!
ArtByAyla

Postby youngcoconutart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Wow, beautiful work and killer site! Did you set it up yourself or did you hire someone? I'd love to know what service you used if you did it yourself.
youngcoconutart

Postby ArtByAyla » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:06 pm

youngcoconutart wrote:Wow, beautiful work and killer site! Did you set it up yourself or did you hire someone? I'd love to know what service you used if you did it yourself.

Thank you <3 So glad you like it! I set it up through Squarespace. Picked Squarespace just because it is really user friendly and simplified. I'm not the technology expert and don't know much about web design, so it's great in that aspect if you're just starting out! And the templates they have are nice and clean looking which I liked. If I were to do it again though, I would look into sites that have more metadata and keyword/seo customization. I really do like squarespace, but I think it's sort of like wordpress where it's good at generating traffic and seo from blogging and postings. I would like to hear more feedback if anyone else has insight on this, and how to increase visibility and web presence.

Also It would be awesome to see your site @youngcoconutart if you have it started! Thanks again for the kind words :D
ArtByAyla

Postby youngcoconutart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi Ayla! It's up and I'd love for you to check it out and give me any thoughts: youngcoconutart.com. I used portfoliobox, which was awesome because it was super customizable, but a little over my head because I'm not at all a tech person. I was considering squarespace, but wound up going with these guys and am really happy with them. Even though it's a little harder, they have amazing customer support. And I think they're pretty good about SEO and keywords customization and metadata. I haven't looked into it much since the whole website thing is new to me, but there are areas where you can work on these things. I'm hoping to get into that in the next couple of weeks :)
youngcoconutart

Postby ArtByAyla » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:41 pm

youngcoconutart wrote:Hi Ayla! It's up and I'd love for you to check it out and give me any thoughts: youngcoconutart.com. I used portfoliobox, which was awesome because it was super customizable, but a little over my head because I'm not at all a tech person. I was considering squarespace, but wound up going with these guys and am really happy with them. Even though it's a little harder, they have amazing customer support. And I think they're pretty good about SEO and keywords customization and metadata. I haven't looked into it much since the whole website thing is new to me, but there are areas where you can work on these things. I'm hoping to get into that in the next couple of weeks :)

Awesome Bio! I'd say that part is my favorite! Thought I already posted a reply here... my bad! I don't think it went through. :(
I added your instagram too :)
But that's super cool they are really helpful with that stuff! I'll definitely need to check portfoliobox out. How long have you had yours up?! Only criticism I'd make would be to maybe tone the background down a little bit so it gives a little more focus to the art on the page, but I really do think you're doing a good job on it and you've got some cool stuff!!

Ayla
ArtByAyla