A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Hello from Australia

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from Australia

Postby Blurhead » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:27 am

Hello to all,
My name is Philip and I live on the Central Coast part of NSW state in Australia.
I have been a keen color pencil artist since the late 1970's, back when it was still struggling to be recognized as a viable medium for serious art.
Although drawing has been a hobby of mine all this time, I am hoping that it will become a central part of my working future as I am currently still recovering from a major illness that has kept me away from full time work for just over 2 years now, it has always been a dream to follow my artistic passion into something more substantial financially, although I am not sure of the best process in order to achieve this....
Either way though, I always enjoy the times when I can put pencil to paper.
I am hoping to see other artists works as well as post my own on this forum, hopefully I can also make some online friends in the process !
Blurhead

Re: Hello from Australia

Postby Singular » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 am

Hi Philip,

Welcome aboard. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to checking out your art.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Blurhead » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Singular wrote:Hi Philip,

Welcome aboard. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to checking out your art.

all the best,
Joe

Many thanks - it's so hard to find any art forums these days.
Blurhead

Postby youngcoconutart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi Philip! I know you posted this a while ago, but I had to respond since we have a lot in common. I'm also a colored pencil artist, mostly. I started getting into acrylic paints a couple of months ago, but there's something about the pencils I keep coming back to. I'm also currently trying to make the art thing my job (fingers crossed), and plan to start doing art fairs and such very soon. Last thing we have in common is the struggles with health problems. I hope things are going better for you since your post. It's such a hurdle to overcome. Anyway, nice to meet you!
youngcoconutart

Postby Blurhead » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:39 am

Hi Angela, many thanks for the response.
Yes, there is just something about color pencils, even though I am always trying to use other materials (such as copic markers, ink, paints etc) but I always go back to the old faithful color pencils. I have also changed brands over the years, starting off with Derwent Artists, then onto Faber Castell Polychromos, and over the last couple of years I prefer to use Prismacolor, I just love the vibrancy they just blow the other brands away. Everyone has their own favorites of course.
Good luck with the freelance/personal art plans, it can be a lot of hard work but hopefully very rewarding.
I am hoping to build up to going onto Patreon, but just getting some of the many "works in progress" finished would be an acheivement !
Blurhead

Postby yuli455 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 am

Hello from Venezuela
yuli455

Postby youngcoconutart » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Blurhead wrote:Hi Angela, many thanks for the response.
Yes, there is just something about color pencils, even though I am always trying to use other materials (such as copic markers, ink, paints etc) but I always go back to the old faithful color pencils. I have also changed brands over the years, starting off with Derwent Artists, then onto Faber Castell Polychromos, and over the last couple of years I prefer to use Prismacolor, I just love the vibrancy they just blow the other brands away. Everyone has their own favorites of course.
Good luck with the freelance/personal art plans, it can be a lot of hard work but hopefully very rewarding.
I am hoping to build up to going onto Patreon, but just getting some of the many "works in progress" finished would be an acheivement !

Best of luck to you, too! I'm trying to build up to a Patreon, too, but it's too soon for me for all that. I'm also finding that the biggest reward comes from actually finishing what I start and from just sitting down to work every day, no matter what else is going on.

And, yeah, as much as I"m trying to get into painting more these days, I just can't stop with the colored pencil drawings. I think it's the extreme level of precision and control. I think I'd have to say my favorites are Faber Castell Polychromos because of how clean they are, but you're right. Even they can't match the vibrancy of Prismacolor, They're my second favorite, only because they're just not quite as clean.
youngcoconutart