A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

What inspires you to draw?

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

What inspires you to draw?

Postby chirchri » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:33 am

As for me, really anything can inspire me to make a drawing. This had happened to me a memorable amount of times when I was about to fall asleep; all of a sudden I saw something that I liked with my "mind's eye", got a piece of paper and pencil and quickly sketched it, before starting a new attempt to sleep.
What inspired me in a situation like that? I really have no clue. But I'm pretty sure it is always based on things I have seen or experienced in the past.
chirchri

Re: What inspires you to draw?

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:31 am

Really? How old are you my dear? My collection of six paintings titled "Mountain Winter Arroyos" was based on different color splotches drifting across my closed eye lids while trying to take an after breakfast nap. I got up and went to work. By 3:30 p.m. the same day all six were finished. When I run into problems with a painting, the solutions usually come around somewhere between two and three a.m. No more sleep on those nights. As an example of what happened that day I have attached the first painting completed in that frenzy. I have named it First Thaw. I ask the age question because you write well, display an experience level consistent with age, and deal with esoteric subject matter with common language instead of obtuse expressions used with more of an intent to impress the reader that to give information. Would like to see some of your work some day.
Attachments
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby chirchri » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 pm

CarlOwen wrote:Really? How old are you my dear? My collection of six paintings titled "Mountain Winter Arroyos" was based on different color splotches drifting across my closed eye lids while trying to take an after breakfast nap. I got up and went to work. By 3:30 p.m. the same day all six were finished. When I run into problems with a painting, the solutions usually come around somewhere between two and three a.m. No more sleep on those nights. As an example of what happened that day I have attached the first painting completed in that frenzy. I have named it First Thaw. I ask the age question because you write well, display an experience level consistent with age, and deal with esoteric subject matter with common language instead of obtuse expressions used with more of an intent to impress the reader that to give information. Would like to see some of your work some day.

I'm 24 yrs old,I decided, more or less on a whim, to do somethings.Always.
You flatter me ,though it just a essay.There is a lot to learn.
Anyway, thank you for your compliment.
I'll try.
chirchri

Postby CarlOwen » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:40 am

Good morning Chirchri. Well, I see that there is still no fool like an old fool. You are now the same age as my wife was when I met her in 1970. Still like how you express yourself though. And don't try, do. Just a little more encouragement from a grandfather. Study is good and it should never end. Same thing with thinking and exploring. But a person must do the task, learn from their own mistakes, do it again and again then present their work. Still would like to see your painting.
CarlOwen

Postby chirchri » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:00 pm

CarlOwen wrote:Good morning Chirchri. Well, I see that there is still no fool like an old fool. You are now the same age as my wife was when I met her in 1970. Still like how you express yourself though. And don't try, do. Just a little more encouragement from a grandfather. Study is good and it should never end. Same thing with thinking and exploring. But a person must do the task, learn from their own mistakes, do it again and again then present their work. Still would like to see your painting.

I see what you're saying,thank you .
And that means a lot to me. :o
chirchri

Postby CarlOwen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:05 am

Good morning and you are welcome. Now, how can I eg you on, push you a little more or entice you somehow to show some of your work. A major learning experience is with the presentation of your work, receiving the critiques, considering the validity of those critiques, trying out the suggestions and growing by experiencing the thought changes you are experimenting with. Case in point about this is my Grand Canyon V. I was considering keeping the sky a cloudy blue and putting some birds in it for visual interest. But I feared I would only make a cartoon out of this painting. I thought it would be the type of painting that would set in a gallery window for interest but have little or no interest beyond that. Pooch (Joseph) suggested I paint a storm approaching. I saw the power in his suggestion, considered it then considered how it would look before I painted it. I like this painting. I like the power of it, the rawness of it and the individualistic style of it. It would not have been created this way without the suggestion of Pooch. We all grow because of our interactions with each other. That is why I like this site and am encouraging you to post some of your work. This site has a tool that you can use to crop and fix up your painting if you don't have a Photoshop type program. I'll leave it there for now. Have a safe and productive day.
CarlOwen