A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

The value of ASC to me

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

The value of ASC to me

Postby CarlOwen » Tue May 02, 2017 2:12 pm

I am placing this post in the Just Showing forum because it seems to me to be more appropriate here than in the Art Discussion section because I am not discussing art. I am making a statement and I have a before and after picture I want to display to make a point. Of course, as always, I welcome comments, opinions, observations and other artist’s experiences.

I like this site. The design, the ability to contact other artists in multiple ways, the free contests offered and the listing of contest opportunities all make for a convenient experience for artist to artist exchanges both in the contest areas and the different forums. That is the reason I thought I would make this post to acknowledge all the artists on this site whom have in one way or another assisted in my development as an artist.

The following is a list of artists from whom I have received critiques, comments, opinions and studied their work in order to improve my presentations and my skills. I thank them all, as well as, all those I have not named.

Frank Joseph by studying his painting “SeaScape” to learn how to place rocks under water in my Santa Rosa Lake 6 painting.

Elizabeth Hoeveler with multiple critiques on my portrait of Sandra Bullock as well as many other paintings.

Richard Devine with his word walls of technical information about how he goes about producing a drawing.

Rita Romero by studying how she can produce such exquisitely accurate anatomy while making it beautiful at the same time.

Vicki Sullivan by studying how she can render superior classical work in a neo-classical present day world.

Lana Gramlich by studying how she can make a photo into a work of art with understanding how light works within the picture.

Cristo by challenging me to a paint-off mono-e-mono contest between the two of us in the Let the Games Begin post in the l Am Ready For The Fury forum.

Charlene M Brown for her pointed critique comments on several of my paintings and her willingness to engage in discussions.

Glenda Davis for her willingness to engage with me when I made comments about her work and her permission to study it.

Chris Peet for his critiques and willingness to share information about color mixtures on my movie muses collection.

Anthony Moravian by studying his unique way of playing darks and lights in his portraits.

Gabriella from whom I bought a painting titled “Endless Boundaries” just so I could own it, study it and enjoy it.

Victoria Rosenfield by studying her unique ethereal portrait and figure compositions.

Jolante Hesse by studying how she can trap light inside a painting such as in the “Secrets of Africa – Golden Gate” painting.

Anton Biedenwolf by studying the rambling line and form techniques presented in the Shaman “ Lowengeist” Eyesight photograph and his willingness to engage in art discussions expressing points of view 180 degrees opposite from mine.

Ken Haas by studying his uniquely unconventional representations of concepts about humanity by presenting the human form so many different ways.

Penniemarie Gibson by studying the, I think, digital art present of exploding and wistful forms against magnificently black backgrounds.

Michael Romero Duran by studying his originality using a self invented technique that created original and strong images.

Winona Sharp by studying the fluidity of the “Blue Water Lake” photograph.

Ejc-art otherwise known as Eric J Chapman, for his willingness to engage with mutual critiques giving me a brilliant nine point critic that I used to improve my portrait of Halle Berry in my movie muses collection.

The following is a before and after painting of Halle Berry that shows what I mean about accepting and using another artist’s suggestions on how to improve my painting. I hope you ponder what I am saying and enjoy the before and after painting.

This is going to take a little longer as the site will not allow me to post the picture. So, going to do a little problem solving. I have to post them one at a time. So here they are.
Attachments
Halle before I followed advise
Halle after I followed advise
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: The value of ASC to me

Postby chirchri » Tue May 30, 2017 8:45 pm

The figure's faces are drawn with very accurate proportions and look very expressive, especially in the eyes.
chirchri

Re: The value of ASC to me

Postby CarlOwen » Tue May 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Thank you.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Return to Just Showing