A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

And another

If you just want to show your work without getting critiqued, come on in. We would love to see and perhaps get into a nice discussion about it.

Moderator: Moderators

And another

Postby Pooch » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:22 pm

Imageupload photos

Thought I'd show this, here, just for the hell of it. I'm also looking for a critique down below. Thanks for havin a look. And also, I wish my images were better, but they're taken with a phone.
Pooch

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: And another

Postby CarlOwen » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:05 am

OK, same comments as with the other post. Additionally, when I say more detail in the rocks and stones I mean that you can make them visually sharper by making darker crisper brush stroke type lines in the shaded areas. I assume this is acrylic so do the same sparingly with the light patterns on the top surfaces with lighter greys and whites than are currently present. If this is watercolor then slightly darken the mid-tones. I rather like the nostalgia presented in this painting.
CarlOwen

Postby jannatul18 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:30 am

I have seen your another post as well and I have given comment there. Is it a new version or the same one?
jannatul18

Postby Pooch » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:52 am

No, Jan. That post you commented on, "Finished but still not happy," was the last version of this. Thanks for your interest. This is done and I'm almost finished with another. I've been a painting machine!
Pooch

Postby Tasmanian Devil » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:05 pm

I love the content of this picture. Anything historical and/or relating to trains piques my interest! The depiction is beautifully done. I might say, more texturing would be nice, but I kind of prefer this soft aesthetic.
Tasmanian Devil

Postby Pooch » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:45 pm

Tas, thanks. I felt the same way so I did some more work to it, then resubmitted it to the forum. You'll find it below in the post, "Fixed, but still not happy."
It's better, but I still think it needs some work. I may come back to it at a future date. Thanks again.
Pooch

Return to Just Showing