A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Give me some advice ⊙︿⊙ ?

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Give me some advice ⊙︿⊙ ?

Postby Slimeologist » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 am

Hi ! I'm really new to this forum, so if this isn't the best place to have posted this, just let me know...

But there is something weighing on my mind quite a bit recently!

I guess this is my dilemma, tho I'll start with some background info: I live a very creative life - I work in my sketchbook in some way every single day, be it sketching, collage, writing, imaginative drawing, anything goes really. I'm really proud that I have gotten to a point where I am consistently doing this; it took a very long time! I am proud of a lot of things I do in my sketchbook, I view it more as a creative/aesthetic exploration.

But recently I feel like I'm not really making much Artwork, capital A Artwork. Like, I'm definitely doing artistic things,... but I'm struggling to take it out of my sketchbook and into a Fine Art sense. I'm having a very hard time committing to (and even conceptualizing) big projects, or even small projects I guess?

Its gotten easy for me to work creatively in my sketchbook, and that was something I had to overcome. But now theres this new issue presenting itself.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever felt like this, or if someone has advice? How does one make Art??? Rather than simply sketch from life, or the other sorts of things I do on a day to day basis.

Thanks a whole lot -- Mars
Slimeologist