A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

emerging artist in Tyler, TX

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

emerging artist in Tyler, TX

Postby kennethnewsom » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:40 am

HI, my name is Kenneth Newsom, an emerging artist and new to this forum. I was wanting some advice on how to find places to get prints made of my original works?? I am having a whole lot of trouble trying to sell my original works of art so I am wanting to make prints of these works. any advice would be greatly appreciated....

thanks,
KRN
kennethnewsom

Re: emerging artist in Tyler, TX

Postby Singular » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:09 am

Hi Kenneth,

Welcome to ASC. Nice to meet you. There are plenty of sites to sell your prints online, rather than the originals. FineArtAmerica is a good one, but there are many. I look forward to seeing some of your work.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby kennethnewsom » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:26 am

Joe,

I understand there are numerous places to sell prints online, my question was how to get my prints made from my originals?? Is it best to get good quality scans of the originals or just good quality photographs of the originals??

Thanks,
KRN
kennethnewsom

Postby Singular » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:34 pm

Oh I see. If you are taking about large drawings, then one option is to use a drum scanner. If paintings, then definitely a high quality camera will do the trick. Make sure pictures are taken in natural light. You can also take pictures of your drawings. They don't have to be scanned. Just another option. If you don't have a good camera, or the ability to take good photos, you should hire a pro. They will have the studio space to hang your paintings and take high quality photos. This can be expensive, but it may be worth the investment. And yo can always look for a Groupon deal on photographers.
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Gallery: View Gallery
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Tatianapaints » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:16 am

Some of those print on demand (POD) places now have brick and mortar outlets. So in theory I think you could just walk into one of these places with your work and ask for a print or two to test what they do.

Also, you could probably do that at almost any printer with a public storefront. Most small printers are well set up now to offer these services to the public. At least they will steer you in the right direction and give you advice.
Tatianapaints