A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

What about this?

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

What about this?

Postby johnwalkeasy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:07 pm

Hello, John Here

A few days ago I found one of those art selling web sites. It's called "Fine Art America"
So I was wondering does anyone know anything about this web site. The thing about it is. When you post a piece of art for sale.
They also sell other things. Like prints, tee shirts, pillows, towels, And other stuff like that. That they put a picture of your work on these items. And you get a portion
of the price.
Now I've never seen anything like that before.
But the thing that kind of rise my eye brows a little. Is when you read on is they want your ss # for the IRS. No art web site has ever ask for that before.
So I don't know much about art web sites. Or any selling web sites. But this seems a little fishy to me.
Perhaps a few of you know about these things. And can give a little advice.

John
Perfection is what drives an artist.
The inability to achieve perfection is what creates a work of art.
John A. Barandon
http://steelbronze.vpweb.com
johnwalkeasy

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: What about this?

Postby CarlOwen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:51 pm

Hi John. I have been a subscriber/member of fineartamerica.com for years. It is a good site for me. Have not sold anything on it, but I have ordered some of my products from it. I have received very good to high quality products from it. It has been so long that I don't remember the Soc. Sec. # thing. Oh, just remembered my granddaughter ordered a print of one of my paintings. I reduced the price to me to one dollar for her. A little over a month later I received a check from FFA for one dollar. I have had no problems, other than the ones I caused that they forgave, with the site.
CarlOwen

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Stu Arts » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:33 pm

lots of sites sell with commission, fine art america is a well trusted site.....i have work on there, i`m not in usa though ,they never asked me ss for irs....
Stu Arts

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby Tatianapaints » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:50 pm

I've also been a member there for quite a while. Again, not being from the US I didn't run into the SS# issue - but I believe I have seen that on one other selling site. If someone searched the forum at FAA I think the answer would turn up right away.
Tatianapaints

Return to Art Discussion