A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Art related goals for this year?

Everyone has issues and problems at one point in their lives. Maybe someone here has gone through exactly what you are. Come on in if you need some advice or just some one to talk to.

Art related goals for this year?

Postby Alonso_Carballo » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Hey peeps!

People like us who are artists can get often get distracted at times and always have our heads wanting to go in 1,000 different directions. Then we complain why we don't get things done.

I'm curious to know if any of you take some time at the beginning of the year to write down your artistic goals and the things you want to accomplish. And I mean this in a tangible, measurable way, like this:

-Release a 4 song mini album by March 30th (I'm a musician so making and performing music is my art)

Looking forward to your comments. Hope I'm not the only weirdo who does this :-)
Alonso_Carballo

Re: Art related goals for this year?

Postby www-ksart-se » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:56 am

Hello!

Not realy. But I try to when I wake up in the morning to lay out my day. And art is high priority.
So it would look something like this.

*Make coffee!!! =D ...Plenty! We sweeds love your coffee!
*Relax a while. (youtube, furums what ever while drinking coffee)
*Sculp for 2 houers. It can differ in time and activity. But here I try to do something creative.
*Relax a while and play pc games, and more coffee ofc!
*Go to work.

If I dont do this every day I just sit here infront of my PC.
For me it´s hard to set up longterm goals like that.
I would get panic if I say to my self this year I'm gonna paint 4 paintings and sculpt 5 sculpture.
The pressure! ;D

That is the one and only cool thing whit making a living on something eals.
You can do what you enjoy and take your time doing it.
www-ksart-se

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Art related goals for this year?

Postby Alonso_Carballo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:56 am

www-ksart-se wrote:Hello!

Not realy. But I try to when I wake up in the morning to lay out my day. And art is high priority.
So it would look something like this.

*Make coffee!!! =D ...Plenty! We sweeds love your coffee!
*Relax a while. (youtube, furums what ever while drinking coffee)
*Sculp for 2 houers. It can differ in time and activity. But here I try to do something creative.
*Relax a while and play pc games, and more coffee ofc!
*Go to work.

If I dont do this every day I just sit here infront of my PC.
For me it´s hard to set up longterm goals like that.
I would get panic if I say to my self this year I'm gonna paint 4 paintings and sculpt 5 sculpture.
The pressure! ;D

That is the one and only cool thing whit making a living on something eals.
You can do what you enjoy and take your time doing it.

Very often the thing that scares us is the thing we should be doing. You could try to set a challenging but attainable goal of finishing x sculptures within 3 months just to give it a try. Obviously it should be something that makes sense and that will put healthy pressure on you, not stress you out. You'd be surprised to experience how much clarity and sense of satisfaction we artists can get when we steadily make progress to achieving something.

In my case I used to start writing and producing songs and would never finish them. I would work for months on a song, lose interest and leave it unfinished in my hard drive. What a shame for the world that no one will ever listen to it.

This year I set challenging and measurable goals for myself and am experiencing tremendous progress and motivation. This month I will be releasing a 4-song EP and another one in October. This has been my most productive year yet.
Alonso_Carballo