A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

photography and paintings

If you want real feedback on your work and don't mind people telling you their opinions, this is the spot for you.

Moderator: Moderators

photography and paintings

Postby texascliff69 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 am

im looking for critiques on my photography and painting. thank you for your time and interest
http://www.asingularcreation.com/Galler ... ?cat=31716
texascliff69

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: photography and paintings

Postby Mannzie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Hello Texascliff

I can see your style shinning through in your work. Personally, I can't critique your art, because I don't feel qualified to give you feedback on abstract. I can say I feel your Poppy picture might be nice, if it wasn't for the fact the photograph of it is very bad. So is the Grapes picture, bad photograph.

Your photography. I see your artistic style again, working here. You have vision, and great ideas. The Sunset weaver is an example of looking at our world outside of the norm. Unfortunately, the sun is blasting my eyeballs and we are taught not to look at the sun, so my mind automatically does not wish to look at it. The background is unattractive and there is not enough detail of the spider to make it interesting.

Prelude to a Storm - There is nothing in this picture that says to me, wow, this is amazing. There is to much plant life and no focal point. It is a lovely scene, very pretty, but uninteresting. I would suggest when you get the chance next time, to get down on the ground looking upwards, pick one tree, and have that one tree the CenterPoint of the photograph with the glorious sunset or sunrise surrounding the silhouette tree.

Lighting Up The Lake - again, lovely concept but camera shake spoils it.

When I studied photography, it was said the first 10 thousand pictures you take will be your worse. They were correct. I've now taken 40 thousand pictures on my DSLR camera and I am still learning.

Do Not Give Up. You have a great eye for capturing beauty. Practice practice practice.

Best of luck.
Mannzie

Postby CarlOwen » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Where have you been Maria. I have been the lone voice in the wilderness for over a year now. Thanks for checking in.
CarlOwen

Postby Mannzie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Carl, alone voice in the wilderness, makes a great title for an art piece.lol Maybe that could be a competition theme. I'm more than happy to join you off the beaten track in the wilderness.
Mannzie

Postby Mannzie » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:39 pm

When studying photography, every week we had to send in a completed assignment. Every week my tutor would come back saying my pictures were crap, her words were snap happy. She did not give any positive comments, did not say anything nice, give inspiration or say what would have made the picture better. After 5 months of this, I couldn't take it any longer and snapped at her, saying I was going to quit because of her. Of course I am not a quitter, it was never my intention to quit. It was to wake the woman up. A teacher should give inspiration, guidance and support, showing the way to improvement. I see great potential in your work texascliff. Your artistic eye is definitely coming through in your photography. It can hurt and sting to have your pictures critique, but if you're given idea/insights on what might improve them, then I say to anybody who wishes to slag my response, how will any of us ever learn?
Mannzie

Postby texascliff69 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:57 pm

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INTEREST, TIME AND COMMENTS I REALLY APPRECIATE THEM:)
texascliff69

Postby lucky96 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:01 am

Mannzie wrote:When studying photography, every week we had to send in a completed assignment. Every week my tutor would come back saying my pictures were crap, her words were snap happy. She did not give any positive comments, did not say anything nice, give inspiration or say what would have made the picture better. After 5 months of this, I couldn't take it any longer and snapped at her, saying I was going to quit because of her. Of course I am not a quitter, it was never my intention to quit. It was to wake the woman up. A teacher should give inspiration, guidance and support, showing the way to improvement. I see great potential in your work texascliff. Your artistic eye is definitely coming through in your Party and Event Photography. It can hurt and sting to have your pictures critique, but if you're given idea/insights on what might improve them, then I say to anybody who wishes to slag my response, how will any of us ever learn?

I totally agree with you, the teacher must appreciate their students, it can gradually increase their morale of the student and help them work with more dedication.
lucky96