A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

New Spray Paint Artist

Are you new to A Singular Creation? Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderator: Moderators

New Spray Paint Artist

Postby BrooksSprayArt » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:29 am

My name is Taylor Brooks. Currently, I am 19 and enrolled in my local Universiy pursuing my dreams of obtaining a degree in computer technology with a minor in art. I am very interested in all that the art field offers. However, I have found that my creative ability has lead me to the art of spray paint. I find it very inetresting how you can use spray paint not only for graffiti, but to make beautiful traditional pictures as well. What inspired me to pursue spray paint art was a youtube video showing me how someone created such a beautiful picture in a matter of minutes.

Other than art, I have a talent for using technology. This allows me to effectively promote and distribute my artwork through the use of social networking. I love feedback about my art and even about my filming and video editing. If you guys would please give me an awesome welcome and check out some of my work and leave feedback on how I can improve or even improve my artwork advertising.

Facebook.com/brooks.sprayart

Artpal.com/brooks-sprayart

Brookssprayart.deviantart.com

Youtube.com/channel/UCFIDMm0-6qyeCXmdM6FlIkA
BrooksSprayArt

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: New Spray Paint Artist

Postby Singular » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Hi Taylor,

welcome to ASC. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to seeing you around.

all the best,
Joe
Singular
Founder

Articles: 28
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby jenn_iam » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Welcome Taylor...
Great to meet you... Share some of your pieces.. love to see.
Sketch ya later! :)
May your world be painted in the Brightest of colors!

Jennifer Erin
-Artist/Illustrator / Film/Media Designer & SFX MakeUp / Storyboard Artist
(All mediums; Conceptual Design, Costume Creation, to Application)
jenn_iam

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Jwalk » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:12 am

Hello and welcome. Im sort of a new member here as well. I did have an account a few years ago and never used much. So instead of renewing that one I started a whole new one.

I initially started out as a graffiti kid.I am a traditional graffiti writer. Have been using spray paint for a long time a lot of my murals are done with spray paint cans. I also use hvlp guns and airbrush those can give you a little more control. Spray paint no matter where it comes from is quite powerful. It can be utilized to do so much I love it.

I have never done the type of work your doing I believe its technically called "spray paint art". I do appreciate it, there are ton of you tube video a lot of useful stuff to become inspired and also learn. Looking at your work it looks like you are well on your way, stay at it.

Also the mask you are wearing in your profile picture does not protect you from vapors that mask is probably a p95 ,those masks are used for particulates. You at least need a p100 which only protects against nuisance vapor = minor /small vapors. You should get a proper charcoal mask with the cartridges. The best and most comfortable is the 3m 7500 model link below, if you plan on using spray paint a lot it may be a good practice. When I was a kid I would never use a mask and after doing some graff I would feel very disoriented and sleepy.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... 207&rt=rud
Jwalk