A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Anyone else get this?

Come on in to chat about anything at all - or just want to get to know someone a bit better.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone else get this?

Postby Theodious78 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:22 am

Wondering if this is a good thing and special or if a lot of peeps got this :

Letter of Recognition for inclusion in the
"Show Your World" exhibition

Congratulations!

​This message is your Letter of Recognition for inclusion in the "Show Your World" exhibition taking place at Gallery MC at 549 West 52nd Street, New York, NY on January 15 -17, 2016.

Artists from 43 countries submitted their work to the "Show Your World" art contest. It's an incredible honor to have your artwork included in this exhibit.
This is not a conventional art show - this is also an international social event inviting people to participate in artist talks, workshops, casual hangouts, while enjoying art from all over the globe. Your work has been selected to join this international collection of visual stories depicting the variety of lifestyles, tastes, and cultures on planet Earth.

Thank you for sharing your talent with people and showing your own, unique world!

Sincerely,

RE:ARTISTE International Art Organization
Theodious78

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Anyone else get this?

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:53 pm

Main thing is, are they asking for money? If they are, tell 'em to Step Off. Thank You, E
ehoeveler

Postby CarlOwen » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:48 pm

Oh crap. I hoped I did not have to respond to this. But, you are being scammed. One, did you apply for this? If not, you are being what is called 'fielded'. It means if you respond you are a potential target. Two, if you respond you unwittingly shall give the 'scam surveyors' your IP address for future scams. Three, if you give any information, it shall be sold to other scammers. My recommendations are to not respond and delete the email. You see, I have been there and done that.
CarlOwen

Postby ehoeveler » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Indeed, Carl!! Good heads-up.
Adam, you have been 'baptized' - every artist gets this crap
in one form or another. For one tiny minute (or more depending on the
strength of your ability to delude yourself) you have a glimmer
of hope that maybe, you 'have arrived'. For a self-indulgent moment you think about
lots of people standing around in front of your work, wanting to Buy.
It's a lovely fleeting dream perpetrated by art scammers who have no respect for
the trade. Pretty cruel but a good heads-up for you, Adam. At least you are asking
the right questions because there ARE plenty of art-scammers out there! Good Luck, E
ehoeveler

Postby Theodious78 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:30 pm

i don't think they ever asked for money for the contest. but i can't say i didn't pay to be in it. cuz i really dont remember one way or the other...
Theodious78

Postby CarlOwen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:14 pm

Suggestions, again based on experience. Never make decisions when you are tired or drunk. Never engage in a tirade when you are in pain and drunk. And if you can't remember what you did and you were not caught doing it, keep your mouth shut and walk away; silently. You are about to be sucked in with accolades about your work, hollow promises and a very expensive hook at the end. My last suggestion is to go online looking for scams about the website by typing in ARTISTE International Art Organization scams in the search bar that has turned your head.
CarlOwen

Return to Shoot The Breeze