A Singular Creation Art Community
promoting and showcasing all types of art and photography

Photographing artwork

If you want to discuss anything art related this is the place to be.

Moderator: Moderators

Photographing artwork

Postby saphyre » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:26 am

Does anyone have some suggestions on photographing your own artwork? I can take good pictures in general but is there a good technique or lighting I can use to take the best pictures of my work? I'd like to create a website for myself. I am not well versed in technical speak so that is going to get lost on me right now. Thanks for any advice.
In this world hate never yet dispelled hate. Only love dispels hate. This is the law, ancient and inexhaustable. ~the Dhammapada
saphyre

Gallery: View Gallery

Re: Photographing artwork

Postby ehoeveler » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Make sure you have balanced, clear lighting in whatever area you choose - afternoons indoor or out are great
for shooting. Everything clear but not too overexposed. I shoot with an entry-level Canon Powershot which
more than captures every brushstroke, lol!
ehoeveler

Gallery: View Gallery

Postby lartist » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:24 pm

thanks for posting this info. been scaning my art work into pc. to get photo of them or take with cell phone looking to buy an affordable camera that will take sellable clear pictures. and of my artwork. will look into this Canon Powershot. also trying to figure pixels to I can summit pictures and artwork in appropriate pixels . also how to figure kb. Also trying to figure out how to tell if painting is abstract or modern or contempory. I have a lot to learn about art and summiting art work. thanks again for all your help to us learning.
lartist

Postby cpking » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:32 pm

HELLO,
Of course you need good photo shoot and after that we can touch up using adobe photoshop for make them looking stunning and lovely.
Thanks.
cpking